POINT SCORE

Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default POINT SCORE

HI ALL
have a question on the below i have completed secondary school, and also attend college for three years on a day release. i did not complete a apprenticeship but am a electrician what box do i tick as need to gain more points

thanks graham

not complete secondary school (also called high school)
Obtained a secondary school credential
Obtained a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and completed at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Obtained a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and completed at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Obtained a one-year university degree at the bachelor’s level and completed at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Obtained a two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and completed at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Obtained a university degree of two years or more at the bachelor’s level and completed at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Obtained a three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship (other than university) and completed at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Obtained two or more university degrees at the bachelor’s level and completed at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Obtained a master’s or Ph.D. and completed at least 17 years of full-time education or full-time equivalent studies
n regarding the point score on the below
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: POINT SCORE

Did you obtain any diploma/qualification for anything you did after school?

Last edited by bodgerx; Jul 6th 2009 at 9:28 am.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

hi
i gained a city and guilds qualification part 2 and 3
also in this time i gained a nvq level 3 as well.
hope this helps
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

And how many years of full-time or full-time equivalent years of study do you have?

Looks like your options are:

Obtained a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and completed at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Obtained a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and completed at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodgerx
And how many years of full-time or full-time equivalent years of study do you have?

Looks like your options are:

I would agree with Bodgerx, one of those will be your points score. So figure out how many year of full-time studies you have, and that should be your answer.

Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

I thought it was higher as it took over 3 years to gain the City & Guilds qualification and I started school at 5 and left at 16?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham and george
I thought it was higher as it took over 3 years to gain the City & Guilds qualification and I started school at 5 and left at 16?
Yes, but it was only 1 day a week for 3 years wasn't it? So equivalent to only 8 months or so full-time course. You certainly can't claim it was a 2 or 3 year diploma, as they have to be full-time for that. I'm not even sure you can claim a one year diploma if it was actually less than that in study time, but you'll need to check on that.

It will be one of those two options, and if you started school at 5 and left at 16 then it would be 12 years of education - so the first option.

Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

its hard to get to the 67 points.
one more question what do they mean by equivalent as i did have to studdie for more then one day and carrie out course work

been a long day
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

its hard to get to the 67 points.
If you have a degree/HND, 4 years+ experience it isn't too bad - it was much worse a few years back when it was 75.

Proving that it is full-time equivalent seems a bit of a grey area to me. Check out :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-education.asp

It defines it as:
"
The length of time that it would have taken to complete a program of study on a full-time basis, but was actually completed on a part-time or accelerated basis.
"
Old Jul 7th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Full-time studies — At least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that is part of your studies.

when i was at college i did a 9 hour day plus another 10 on course work through out the week,also when at work i had site training this takes me over the 15 hours as stated it is only through the academic year.

does this sound right
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:41 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Full-time studies — At least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that is part of your studies.

when i was at college i did a 9 hour day plus another 10 on course work through out the week,also when at work i had site training this takes me over the 15 hours as stated it is only through the academic year.

does this sound right
Anyone on here is just guessing - if points are that close I'd advise getting a professional to look at your application. Most will give a free assessment.

Based on what you've posted you could fall into any of the below. My guess would be the second one (based on nvq usually being done in 2 yrs just like A-levels).
1) 11 yrs school + 1 yr trade cert = 12pts
2) 11 yrs school + 2 yr trade cert = 15pts
3) 11 yrs school + 3 yr trade cert = 20pts
Old Jul 7th 2009, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rob_999
Anyone on here is just guessing - if points are that close I'd advise getting a professional to look at your application. Most will give a free assessment.

Based on what you've posted you could fall into any of the below. My guess would be the second one (based on nvq usually being done in 2 yrs just like A-levels).
1) 11 yrs school + 1 yr trade cert = 12pts
2) 11 yrs school + 2 yr trade cert = 15pts
3) 11 yrs school + 3 yr trade cert = 20pts
...which again, is another guess.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

Here is another guess...

I would imagine that because it took 3 years to get the qualifications that it is deemed as on a part-time basis, regardless of how many self study hours you did, as I don't think these actually count - you would have been registered on a course that was either described as Full Time or Part Time. How many points for education do you need to get to 67?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

the blairs will become famous soon enough

I understand how you are confused - we are too !

Our question is what is classed as a diploma ? Amd what the heck does a NVQ/SVQ come under?? I also have a PDA which is equivelant to 1st year uni - what on earth do I take that as???

Is there somewhere we can find a table which would show where to pitch your qualifacations against the requirements for points?

the blairs
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

hi all
need to gain 8 points to take me to the 67
i thought i was there when i included the 11 years with a three year diploma which would have given me 20 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.