Point of Entry question

Old Nov 11th 2011, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

chaddsuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Point of Entry question

Hi All

An employer is in the process of applying for an LMO for me, if this is accepted (fingers crossed) we would like to apply for our work permits at point of entry.

I just wanted to check if the following would be ok...

The position is NOC B Skill level so my wife can aplly for an open work permit, will she be ok to do this at point of entry at the same time as me for starting work as soon as we land?

We are from the UK btw so dont need the visitors permit.

Thanks
Old Nov 11th 2011, 11:18 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Point of Entry question

Originally Posted by chaddsuk
Hi All

An employer is in the process of applying for an LMO for me, if this is accepted (fingers crossed) we would like to apply for our work permits at point of entry.

I just wanted to check if the following would be ok...

The position is NOC B Skill level so my wife can aplly for an open work permit, will she be ok to do this at point of entry at the same time as me for starting work as soon as we land?

We are from the UK btw so dont need the visitors permit.

Thanks
On your last point, even from Britain, you do require a visitor entry permit unless you have a residency permit. Admission is not guaranteed just because you have a British passport. It is up to the immigration officer at the Port of Entry whether they let you in or not.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aviator
On your last point, even from Britain, you do require a visitor entry permit unless you have a residency permit. Admission is not guaranteed just because you have a British passport. It is up to the immigration officer at the Port of Entry whether they let you in or not.
Hi

Thanks for your reply, I was looking at the following link and it states the following...

"British citizens and British Overseas Citizens who are re-admissible to the United Kingdom;"

Am I not looking at the right thing there?

Thanks
Old Nov 12th 2011, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

for what it's worth, I rocked up at passport control...with LMO, job offer but no VISA...and then straight to immigration to get the TWP

good luck
Old Nov 12th 2011, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spaceace
for what it's worth, I rocked up at passport control...with LMO, job offer but no VISA...and then straight to immigration to get the TWP

good luck
Hey, good to know thanks Fingers crossed I guess from here on !!
Old Nov 12th 2011, 1:14 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaddsuk
Hi

Thanks for your reply, I was looking at the following link and it states the following...

"British citizens and British Overseas Citizens who are re-admissible to the United Kingdom;"

Am I not looking at the right thing there?

Thanks
You don't have to apply for a visitor visa, but you do get an entry permit as a visitor at Port of Entry. Most British passport holders would not have a problem getting in, if you have an LMO and apply for a WP at POE, unlikely to be a problem. Entry as a British citizen is not automatic though, it is just easier than some other nationalities.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceace

good luck
Yes, this pretty much sums up our experience.