Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNPvia'Family Class'(advice please Mr Miller)

PNPvia'Family Class'(advice please Mr Miller)

Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Dis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura about
Default PNPvia'Family Class'(advice please Mr Miller)

Has anyone recently applied for a PNP using 'Family Class' to fast track their application?

My wifes Aunt and Uncle live in BC and we're considering applying for a PNP while i try and get a TWP.

Ideally we would like to move to Winnipeg but not too sure how difficult it will be in finding a company to go through the whole LMO process. Spoke to a Finance Recruitment Company yesterday (I'm an Accountant) and they said most jobs in my line of work are now advertised through people like them and that they won't register anyone who is not a permanent resident.

Also considered the Strategic Recruitment Initiative for Manitoba. I rang the Immigration office yesterday (in Winni) and spoke to one of the officers there. I was told that they have no immediate plans (at least for 3mths) to use the SRI route and that none of their officers will be going to Emmigrate/Expo shows where it is possible to get 'Letters of Invitation'.

I was also told that employers will need to advertise jobs for at least 1mth before applying for an LMO irrespective of a particular job being included in the OUP list.

Does a Family Class application get preferential treatment over the General Stream PNPs?

Any advice would be welcome but I would appreciate some input from Mr Miller if at all possible on whether we'd be eligible for 'Family Class'.

Thanks.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 9:42 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNPvia'Family Class'(advice please Mr Miller)

Hi

Originally Posted by Dis-Illusionist
Has anyone recently applied for a PNP using 'Family Class' to fast track their application?

My wifes Aunt and Uncle live in BC and we're considering applying for a PNP while i try and get a TWP.

Ideally we would like to move to Winnipeg but not too sure how difficult it will be in finding a company to go through the whole LMO process. Spoke to a Finance Recruitment Company yesterday (I'm an Accountant) and they said most jobs in my line of work are now advertised through people like them and that they won't register anyone who is not a permanent resident.

Also considered the Strategic Recruitment Initiative for Manitoba. I rang the Immigration office yesterday (in Winni) and spoke to one of the officers there. I was told that they have no immediate plans (at least for 3mths) to use the SRI route and that none of their officers will be going to Emmigrate/Expo shows where it is possible to get 'Letters of Invitation'.

I was also told that employers will need to advertise jobs for at least 1mth before applying for an LMO irrespective of a particular job being included in the OUP list.

Does a Family Class application get preferential treatment over the General Stream PNPs?

Any advice would be welcome but I would appreciate some input from Mr Miller if at all possible on whether we'd be eligible for 'Family Class'.

Thanks.
Short and sweet, you are not eligible for family class. You would get 5 adaptability points for the Aunt/Uncle but that is it.

You can sponsor:

* parents
* grandparents
* brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
* another relative of any age or relationship if none of the above relatives could be sponsored, and you have no other relatives who are Canadian citizens, persons registered as Indians under the Indian Act or permanent residents and
* accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).