Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

NSNP is free. Never used to be. Lucky for me it is!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

syeven is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lof
there are costs involved in bcpnp strategic occupations - it's just a matter of who covers them. the company, the applicant or the province...
True. Sorry ! I just took the route of paying everything myself to make it easier. An investment well worth it in my humble opinion.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:00 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syeven
An investment well worth it in my humble opinion.
agree with that.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

RedDragon will become famous soon enough

An update: Still waiting to hear something from BC PNP... Company phoned them a couple of weeks ago and were told they should hear something by the end of October... So, I have my fingers crossed for hearing something this week.... suspense... suspense!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:26 am
Just Joined

RedDragon will become famous soon enough

Just heard I have been approved by BC PNP and that the paperwork should be sent out to me by the end of the week! (ps: 9 weeks since sent application)
Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:15 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:30 am
Just Joined

chigirl will become famous soon enoughchigirl will become famous soon enough

immigration show in march 05 application to bc pnp may 05, granted work permit aug 05, arrived in canada sep 05 applied for pr dec 05 crossed border mid march 06 to validate permanent residency visa
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

the davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nice

1) Provincial office where applied: Regina SK
2) Date when application was POSTED: Consultant sent it beginning of Feb 2007
3) Date when they received the application: 15th Feb 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? No
5) Date when decision made or received? PNP approval 7th Sep 2007, took ages
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on 2 year TWP
8) How long after initial application of PNP decision was PR granted? PR application in process
9) Where was WP application sent, eg, Vegreville or PoE? Did not need extension as 2 year one was still valid
10) How long for WP?
11) PR application submitted? 8th Oct to Buffalo. Minus UK Police checks
12) aor CIC?
13) Med requests? Received 24th Oct 2007
14) Meds taken? Booked for 22nd Nov 2007
15) Landed?
16) anything else?

Hope this helps
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

The Passport Request arrived! Yay I'm still trying to remain calm- you never know with these things. The letter says you can nominate someone to collect your visas on your behalf but it doesn't state whether someone can submit the passports for you. I would really prefer if someone in London goes in person because then I'll have a better idea of the timeline. London CHC have been great so far so I hope they continue!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

CONGRATULATIONS!!

We decided to send ours via FedEx both ways, cost $120 which I thought was well worth it for door to door service, tracked all the way. London rushed ours through because our work permits were due to expire, but I think they are pretty quick anyway.

A friend of mine sent her passports from here on Friday and they got there on Monday!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, not long now!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:22 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

congratulations syeven!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:48 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Finally submitted it

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was FEDEXED: 20th November 2007
3) Date when they received the application: 21st November 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Not as yet (did have it checked by an immigration lawyer, so fingers crossed...)
5) Date when decision made or received? Will let you know
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa.
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Will also let you know...
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

ate when application was POSTED: Thursday 28th June 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Friday 29th June2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? They called to say one of the forms was missing and called a week later to ask my employer more detailed questions about my role
5) Date when decision made or received? July 20th Approved!!!
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa.
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Still waiting.
9) Where was WP application sent, e.g., Vegreville or PoE? Vegreville, 3rd August 2007
10) How long for WP? Still waiting but now on implied status as BUNAC visa has expired
11) PR application submitted? 10th August 2007 to London.

12) AOR CIC received 26 August 2007
13) Med requests 1 October 2007
14) Meds taken? 9 October 2007
15) Passport Request 12 November 2007
16) Passport Returned 30 November 2007
17 ) Landed December 1 2007

The landing process was straightforward. Flagpoled at Peace Arch, went to a customs desk, signed two forms, submitted a goods to follow list and that was it! Total time was 20 minutes.

I would definitely recommend the BC PNP route. From initial application to becoming a permanent resident took 6 months and a few days. For anyone taking the Bunac path, make sure you try and apply for PNP asap because if your wp is close to expiry, the Vegreville office is not very helpful. My PR arrived before the WP extension! Good luck to everyone
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 11:15 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

welcome to canada, pr syeven!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.