Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Foto23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

I'm in the same boat as a few people here. My PR is being processed under the Ottawa pilot program too. I got my PNP 6 weeks after applying for it. I applied for my PR just a week later. I got my medical request three weeks ago, but theres only one DMP here so I've got to wait until next week for my medical. Fingers crossed things are quick after that, so far it's been really fast.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 5:49 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Foto23
I'm in the same boat as a few people here. My PR is being processed under the Ottawa pilot program too. I got my PNP 6 weeks after applying for it. I applied for my PR just a week later. I got my medical request three weeks ago, but theres only one DMP here so I've got to wait until next week for my medical. Fingers crossed things are quick after that, so far it's been really fast.
Blimey, where are you? We were lucky to get an appointment in Calgary within a week
Old Nov 19th 2011, 9:11 am
Just Joined

AWESOME VANCOUVER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stacey.cook1
Received our BC PNP approval letter yesterday

Only took around 12 weeks which is faster than the 16-18 we were told. Now for the next stage.....
Congratulations thats Fantastic!
Old Nov 20th 2011, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Jara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody,

I would really appreciaty if you can help me with my question.
I would like to apply for the BC PNP but I´m not sure under what category. I´m 26 years old and I have a master degree in economics from Czech Republic, but I don´t have a work experience. I have a permanent job offer in food processing (frozen cakes). My position is product development and analysis. I´m just going to start working
Would 1 year of experience be enough to apply under the BC PNP skilled worker? Or how soon can I apply under the program?
Thay say on the welcomebc site that the requirement are post-secondary education or training with several years of employment experience in a professional, management, technical, trades or other skilled occupation. So do I really need to have some experiences or not?
Thank you very much for your help
Old Nov 20th 2011, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jara
Hello everybody,

I would really appreciaty if you can help me with my question.
I would like to apply for the BC PNP but I´m not sure under what category. I´m 26 years old and I have a master degree in economics from Czech Republic, but I don´t have a work experience. I have a permanent job offer in food processing (frozen cakes). My position is product development and analysis. I´m just going to start working
Would 1 year of experience be enough to apply under the BC PNP skilled worker? Or how soon can I apply under the program?
Thay say on the welcomebc site that the requirement are post-secondary education or training with several years of employment experience in a professional, management, technical, trades or other skilled occupation. So do I really need to have some experiences or not?
Thank you very much for your help
Hi Jara
I see that you have posted the same question in other areas and threads of the forum where you have been given answers to your question. I am not an expert but, would think that you would need some experience and also a job to apply.

I am sure that soemone with more knowldege will reply to you soon.

MJ
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 3:14 am
Just Joined

calgary1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Madwife, Am a midwife here in Alberta. Can you tell me how you dealt with the issue of not having a job offer before applying for your PNP since midwives in B.C and Alberta are contractors. Thanks.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

stacey.cook1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Peeps, we finally got round to submitting the PR part to cic a few weeks back.
Just wondering how long they normally take to process the credit card payment, and also if they send any sort of confirmation to say they have received the application? Thanks!
Old May 16th 2012, 11:17 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice

Hi,

I thought I'd share my timeline with y'all.

Applied for SINP November 2011 - Paper application and done through Immigration Consultant in Regina.
AOR Received November 21, 2011
Job Offer in hand.
No communication from SINP since..

On our 26th week of waiting .... really really hoping to hear soon!!

Julie
Old May 16th 2012, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Julie
hoping you do hear soon, good luck

Old May 16th 2012, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey Peeps, we finally got round to submitting the PR part to cic a few weeks back.
Just wondering how long they normally take to process the credit card payment, and also if they send any sort of confirmation to say they have received the application? Thanks!
Hi Stacey
we never got any confirmation of receipt, only time we knew they had recieved it was when we got our med requests.

Old May 16th 2012, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mad Jockette - wishful thinking on my part then

FYI credit card was charged today so at least we know its there and in the queue.
Old May 17th 2012, 5:53 am
Just Joined

OldMiltonian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Some progress for me after an uncomfortably quiet few months, I got my MR today, got an appointment for tomorrow morning.

Best regards,

OM

p.s. arrived Jul 2011 on 1yr WHV, applied for BCPNP Sept 2011, Nominated Nov 2011, Applied to CIC Dec 2011, AOR Jan 2012, Granted 2 Yr Work Visa May 2012, MR May 2012

Last edited by OldMiltonian; May 17th 2012 at 5:57 am.
Old May 17th 2012, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OldMiltonian
Hi guys,

Some progress for me after an uncomfortably quiet few months, I got my MR today, got an appointment for tomorrow morning.

Best regards,

OM

p.s. arrived Jul 2011 on 1yr WHV, applied for BCPNP Sept 2011, Nominated Nov 2011, Applied to CIC Dec 2011, AOR Jan 2012, Granted 2 Yr Work Visa May 2012, MR May 2012
Good luck
Old Jun 25th 2012, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Update time! got AOR and medical requests in the same email on June 7th, had medicals done June 21st
Seems to be moving nice and quickly.......fingers crossed
Old Jun 25th 2012, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

OldMiltonian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Update time! got AOR and medical requests in the same email on June 7th, had medicals done June 21st
Seems to be moving nice and quickly.......fingers crossed
Excellent news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.