Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Tarik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Hi Lof,
Thanks for your reply.
I did mail them both, WP and PR applications. I had an option to "go around the pole", I had a WP support letter from ONPNP office. However for a number of reasons, I have decided this will be too risky for me personally.

Now that I have completed the medical, and Ottawa should get it soon, whats going to happen with application further? I was reading from some posts that files get transfered to different Visa offices. Why is that?

I am also debating whether I should go ahead and get a new RCMP certificate. The one Ive submitted with application was from January 2007. It only take 2-5 days for RCMP clearance if you submit fingerprints electronically. Or 3-5 months if you do the paper way!

In any case, any comments are very welcome.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:33 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarik
Hi Lof,
Thanks for your reply.
I did mail them both, WP and PR applications. I had an option to "go around the pole", I had a WP support letter from ONPNP office. However for a number of reasons, I have decided this will be too risky for me personally.

Now that I have completed the medical, and Ottawa should get it soon, whats going to happen with application further? I was reading from some posts that files get transfered to different Visa offices. Why is that?

I am also debating whether I should go ahead and get a new RCMP certificate. The one Ive submitted with application was from January 2007. It only take 2-5 days for RCMP clearance if you submit fingerprints electronically. Or 3-5 months if you do the paper way!

In any case, any comments are very welcome.
i guess i wondered if you sent them the wp application and the pr application in the same envelope... i'm not sure about this theory but i kind of think that doing that might slow down one of the applications because the person who opens the lettre (who will presumably be a secretary and not an immigration official) possibly just looks at the first page and gets the whole package to a immigration officer dealing with that kind of applications. so the io looking at your pr-application needs to transfer the wp file to somebody else, and who knows how efficient the transfers between the different offices are... well, i hope you get my drift? but of course this is only my theory - cic might be structured completely different.
imo you might have been better off to apply for a change of status to cpc vegreville but there is nothing gained by crying over spilt milk.

once it's clear that you are medically admissible and all your background checks * are done and everything looks all right, you will get the passport request, submit your passport to the visa office working on your file (that would be buffalo at the moment, but if your file is going to be transferred in the meantime it would be the according visa post). after you get your passport with the visa and the copr back you have to cross the border and land as a permanent resident of canada.
note that you still might get an interview call if your io has any doubts or uncertainities s/he wants to clarify before issueing the ppr.

not every pr-application is transferred. and if yours is going to be transferred that means nothing at all. it's only because buffalo shares its work load with the four satellite offices in ny, la, detroit and seattle (remember that you had to checkmark one of these offices in position 14 ("choice of interview location") of the visa office specific instructions? your file will possibly end up at the location you've chosen.)

i was told by bcpnp not to submit rcmp-checks before cic requested them. reason: cic / rcmp runs your name through the computer and only if something shows up under your name they want to make sure that it is the same person you all are talking about. that would be the point when you get a request for your police check based on finger prints. and then it's not that much of an additional delay if you do the electronic version, right?
having said that... if you have a very common name, it is more likely that you might be asked for the whole rcmp checks, right? it might be proactive to get the checks and have them ready at the time they request them...

don't worry to much - it will all come together.
and please keep us posted on your progress, if i didn't miss somebody you are the first one in this thread actually going through onpnp.

* cic might not only look at your police checks, but investigate your whole past if they consider it necessary or if you are the unlucky one randomly drawn from the big pot - and this checks can take quite a while depending on where you're originally coming from, in how many different countries you lived and the like - and there is nothing you can do to speed up the whole thing, waiting patiently is the only way...
Old Aug 25th 2008, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Tarik is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the detailed reply.
I have received an IA letter today, dated Aug 22nd. It says no additional docs are required, interview is waived and i should pay RPRF. I guess its a good news? Does that mean the background/criminal checks are all done? My name is not at all common, plus I have submitted every possible police certificate from all the countries I lived in.
What should I be expecting next? Hopefully passport requests? But what about my work visa application? I was hoping to be able to work by now.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:02 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarik
Thanks for the detailed reply.
I have received an IA letter today, dated Aug 22nd. It says no additional docs are required, interview is waived and i should pay RPRF. I guess its a good news? Does that mean the background/criminal checks are all done? My name is not at all common, plus I have submitted every possible police certificate from all the countries I lived in.
What should I be expecting next? Hopefully passport requests? But what about my work visa application? I was hoping to be able to work by now.
after your medicals and background checks are cleared they normally issue the ppr. but your background checks can still be running - depending how eventful your past has been , that may take a while.

i have no idea what happened to your wp application - have you tried to contact cic buffalo?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:28 am
hmm the waiting game....

Spectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant future

applied again for BC pnp..... let see what happens... i kept my finger crossed
Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Spectrum
applied again for BC pnp..... let see what happens... i kept my finger crossed
1) Provincial office where applied: SK
2) Date when application was POSTED: Friday 5th September 2008
3) Date when they received the application: Tuesday 9th September 2008
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? None at the moment
5) Date when decision made or received? Still waiting....
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Work Permit
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Still waiting....

Finally, I already submitted my SINP application, hopefully, everything will turn out fine....
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:47 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Updated

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was FEDEXED: 20th November 2007
3) Date when they received the application: 21st November 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Got my file number by post 20th December 2007
5) Date when decision made or received? 17th January 2008 via fax to work. Official PNP certificate pack arrived approx 8 days later - had to request WP issuance letter as it was not included - this was emailed PDF in the end as the first one spelled my name wrong.
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa. 13th Feb went to POE at Peace Arch (at Live to Ski's recommendation rather than wait for post to Vegreville) and was granted a new work permit for 1 year as BUNAC was due to expire in April.
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted?
March 10th - Posted PR App
April 24th - Received confirmation from Buffalo
May 9th - Med Requests
May 28th - Meds done (first available appointment in Victoria)
June 5th - Police checks (UK & Australia) received & Fedexed to Buffalo
June 12th - Notification of transfer to Seattle received
June 17th - Sent copies of police checks to Seattle by Fedex, explaining originals are at Buffalo due to timing of transfer. Included copies of Fedex delivery confirmation
Sept 8th - Received phone call from Seattle asking why I had sent copies and where are my originals?! :curse: Politely (with difficultly, lol) but firmly pointed out Buffalo had the originals and they had the Fedex evidence to prove it. Seattle said they would phone Buffalo and let me know in writing if they could not accept the copies/find the originals
Sept 12th - Received passport request from Seattle
Old Sep 15th 2008, 1:44 pm
hmm the waiting game....

Spectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant future

wow thats fast.... in less then a year.... congrats...
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Updated....

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: Saturday 21 June 2008 (in Vancouver)
3) Date when they received the application: about a few days later!
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? No
5) Date when decision made or received? 12 Sept 08
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Living in UK but in Canada at time of posting and applying (short term study)
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Sitting Canadian midwifery exams
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Got to apply now as well as for TWP
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:15 am
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spectrum
wow thats fast.... in less then a year.... congrats...
Thanks such a relief!

It'll about 10.5 months from application to completion - but it would have been even quicker as I delayed a month cos I got pneumonia in between getting my PNP cert and sending my PR app, also had to wait 3 weeks for a PR meds appointment in Victoria, so Vancouver people will be quicker too.

Good luck with your application this time <cross fingers> at least you know PR will be processed quickly once you manage to get PNP...
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

What Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant future

Got my Alberta INP this week, approximately 4 months after applying with TWP in Canada.

Note. It is now called the Immigrant Nominee Program but all of the stationery and stickers call it PNP.

Interestingly they have asked me to submit my PR application through Buffalo and not London as expected.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Mrbadguy is an unknown quantity at this point

) Provincial office where applied: BC2) Date when application was POSTED: 17TH JUNE 2008
3) Date when they received the application: 19TH JUNE 2008
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? None
5) Date when decision made or received? NOTHING I AM GOING CRAZY!! :curse:
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? OUTSIDE CANADA
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing?

My husband has got a job in Richmond as an automotive technician. We are just getting really anxious as we have not heard anything yet and we have been waiting 3 months. Payment was taken on the 25 July 2008, so it has been exactly 8 weeks today since they started looking at are application. I just hope we hear soon
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mrbadguy
) Provincial office where applied: BC2) Date when application was POSTED: 17TH JUNE 2008
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? None
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? OUTSIDE CANADA

My husband has got a job in Richmond as an automotive technician. We are just getting really anxious as we have not heard anything yet and we have been waiting 3 months. Payment was taken on the 25 July 2008, so it has been exactly 8 weeks today since they started looking at are application. I just hope we hear soon
FYI mine took 14 weeks for BC PNP, that was posted in May.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mrbadguy

After lots of badgering by my employer in Canada I finally received mine a few days ago - 12 weeks after applying.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Mrbadguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer
FYI mine took 14 weeks for BC PNP, that was posted in May.

We are on 13 weeks now since the application was sent in, so hopefully we will hear anytime now. Waiting for so long, and then when it finally gets to the time you expect to hear is quite stressful! I just hope we get approval, we have been chasing this dream for many many years!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.