Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Jul 28th 2011, 3:25 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
words cant express

now i know how everyone else must have felt when they got there requests, and i can assure all those still waiting its worth it to get that email.

The instructions are clear, the email arrived at 05.30 canada time and woke me up (email alert directed to phone), it explains the request and several links which relate to postage, pictures and any current changes in status. timeliness are given as to the dates they require them by which for us is the end of august and they aim to return them by end of september, which doesnt apply to us as my step-son leaves to return to the uk in early september.

So just need to go to the post office tomorrow and get all 4 passports sent off, then it will be flagpole questions from me to all you lovely and helpful people out there.

Now its drinky poo time !

kae
Faulontay! Many congrats xx
Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:01 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

our BC PNP application sent in on 20th july. received emailed receipt from them with reference number. citing waiting times of 16-18 weeks. christmas hopefully we will have the approval and can get TWP/SP (for the kids) at poe.

we have already started getting the letters from our uk insurers, to the ICBC template posted inthe wiki. it will take 4 months to get it all in line im sure.

Now to sell the house! ( we are selling it even if we dont go to Canada.) current processing times posted for PR in BC are 11 months. so next christmas we could be PR in BC. i know its all about the journey - but sometimes i just wish i could just skip to the bit where we are living the dream already. will keep you updated.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by __TJ__
our BC PNP application sent in on 20th july. received emailed receipt from them with reference number. citing waiting times of 16-18 weeks. christmas hopefully we will have the approval and can get TWP/SP (for the kids) at poe.

we have already started getting the letters from our uk insurers, to the ICBC template posted inthe wiki. it will take 4 months to get it all in line im sure.

Now to sell the house! ( we are selling it even if we dont go to Canada.) current processing times posted for PR in BC are 11 months. so next christmas we could be PR in BC. i know its all about the journey - but sometimes i just wish i could just skip to the bit where we are living the dream already. will keep you updated.
im sure you will get there TJ, we will all be here to support you and others through the journey and its so gonna be worth it. we went in process in august 2010 so its been almost 12 months to the day from the day we went in process.

if you need any help, just ask us all on here, its a great place for advice and support as you will know by now !

good luck

kae
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Faulontay! Many congrats xx
THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR RECENT SUGGESTION< IT CLEARLY WORKED

we sent the passports off today to Ontario

for a quick return

kae
Old Jul 29th 2011, 11:38 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR RECENT SUGGESTION< IT CLEARLY WORKED

we sent the passports off today to Ontario

for a quick return

kae
No worries - fingers crossed for a speedy return of the old passports!

x
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
No worries - fingers crossed for a speedy return of the old passports!

x
you betcha, step-son is hoping to activate visa before having to fly back to the uk at beginning of sept

xx
Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Location: Seaside town in Somerset, UK... but hopefully somewhere in NS soon!
FiByTheSeaside is an unknown quantity at this point

It's starting to sink in that we might actually realize our dream of getting PPR.. our med requests came last week and we had our medicals the other day. Now keeping our fingers crossed! Our timeline so far is in my signature.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

nichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud of

Finally!

Passport request letter arrived today, 16 months after our initial application to CIC. It was a reminder letter, as my wife (principal applicant) has not seen the initial email that they said was sent. Presumably they misread her email address or it was lost in a pile of junk emails.

Also, I just want to check that I've got my fee calculations correct (2 adults, 1 Canadian child born in BC):
  • BC PNP fee : paid by sponsoring employer
  • CIC processing fee: 2 x $550 = $1100 (paid with initial application)
  • Right of PR Fee: 2 x $490 = $980 (to be paid now with passports)
  • Meds, photos & courier fees.
We've already informed CIC about our child, but as a Canadian citizen I presume that there is nothing to pay. Is this all correct, I haven't forgotten anything?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

JulesMinNB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

We had our medicals 3 months ago and I am starting to get a little worried that our application status still has not changed on the CIC website. I was just wondering at what point did people's application status change from "application received" to "in process"?

Thanks,

Jules
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nichburton
Finally!

Passport request letter arrived today, 16 months after our initial application to CIC. It was a reminder letter, as my wife (principal applicant) has not seen the initial email that they said was sent. Presumably they misread her email address or it was lost in a pile of junk emails.

Also, I just want to check that I've got my fee calculations correct (2 adults, 1 Canadian child born in BC):
  • BC PNP fee : paid by sponsoring employer
  • CIC processing fee: 2 x $550 = $1100 (paid with initial application)
  • Right of PR Fee: 2 x $490 = $980 (to be paid now with passports)
  • Meds, photos & courier fees.
We've already informed CIC about our child, but as a Canadian citizen I presume that there is nothing to pay. Is this all correct, I haven't forgotten anything?
AT LAST !

your calculations seem correct, for the rest of the journey

kae
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JulesMinNB
Hello,

We had our medicals 3 months ago and I am starting to get a little worried that our application status still has not changed on the CIC website. I was just wondering at what point did people's application status change from "application received" to "in process"?

Thanks,

Jules
Hi ours took about 4 months to change to in process, some peoples never change through the whole journey so i wouldnt worry too much

good luck anyway

kae
Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Kae congratulations!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

JulesMinNB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. And congrats on getting yours!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

stacey.cook1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, so happy I can finally post our time line! sent BCPNP app off today! Fingers crossed for a speedy response.

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: 08/19/2011
3) Date when they received the application: 08/19/2011 - same day courier
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?:
5) Date when decision made or received?:
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?: Inside
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing?: was BUNAC now 2yr TWP, OH works as Application Developer/Designer
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted?
Old Aug 20th 2011, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

stacy.cook
good luck and hope all goes well for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.