Wikiposts

pnp and spouse?

Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

paulburt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pnp and spouse?

could someone clarify something for us?
i have been offered a job on pei as a long haul truckdriver going through the pnp, as far as i can make out the job dosn't fall into the national skilled worker catagory but is listed on the pei gov site as a skilled job in demand in the province, question is where does this leave my wife and daughter as regards working in canada? am i right in thinking because the job is not classed as skilled that they are not elligible for wp's? i've been told by one driver that they can get wp's after six months in canada but it isn't clear what happens after this six months to change their standing?
probably me being a bit thick but the pei site seems to contradict the ca gov site in respect whats a skilled job and what isn't.
any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks
paul.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pnp and spouse?

If you are going on PNP you will get your permanent residency status for all your family. As PRs they will not need work permits
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

thanks for reply but aren't we talking in terms of a few months to a year before you get your pr?
question was really if i take the job and we go over can the wife and daughter look for work?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

There are many people on here with a better understanding than me. But this is how I understand it to be.

People going over through the PNP route do not always go out on a WP first, the employer waits for the application to be processed and you go over as PRs.

If you go on a work permit I think that your wife get one but your children don't (although they can get study permits).

Shoot me someone if I am wrong....I am just trying to help as no-one else has answered yet
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

thanks for that, yes, i'll be going on a temp wp to start the job whilst the pnp comes through, seems a bit of a grey area with wp's for family, not the end of the world if they can't work but if they can, they obviously want to start making a few enquieries to see whats what job wise.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:15 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by paulburt
thanks for that, yes, i'll be going on a temp wp to start the job whilst the pnp comes through, seems a bit of a grey area with wp's for family, not the end of the world if they can't work but if they can, they obviously want to start making a few enquieries to see whats what job wise.
Your spouse and daughter will not be eligible for an open work permit until you receive your PNP certificate. Once you then apply for PR status under the PNP then your spouse will be eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit. Your daughter will not be eligble for a work permit. She will be able to work once your family receives Pr status and landed.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

i see, that clears things up a bit, now heres the next daft question, how long after submit all the bumf does it take to get the pnp approval on average?

Last edited by paulburt; Sep 21st 2007 at 3:45 am.