PNP semi skilled worker

Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Jovil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP semi skilled worker

HI,

New to the forum and like many people on here i have the desire to move to Canada.I was wondering if anyone out there applied to the PNP semi skilled worker program for Alberta because I'm interested in applying for this.There is hospitality,manufacturing,truckers.
I'm interested in going for catering or manufacturing but it says i need to get a job offer first.Is it possible to go there on a tourist visa and try to find a job offer in the 6months?Or the only way is to apply online,but i read that Most Canadians employers don't answer back if you are not currently living in Canada.
Would it be better to get a TWP and then go for PNP?Are people more successful applying to B.C or Alberta?
Any good job sites for the work I'm interested in?
Another thing i read that if after sometime you are not making enough money with the job you have been offered they might consider that you're no economically stable and wont accept you.

thanks for read and sorry for the wall of text.Any help would be appreciated.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 2:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP semi skilled worker

Originally Posted by Jovil
HI,

New to the forum and like many people on here i have the desire to move to Canada.I was wondering if anyone out there applied to the PNP semi skilled worker program for Alberta because I'm interested in applying for this.There is hospitality,manufacturing,truckers.
I'm interested in going for catering or manufacturing but it says i need to get a job offer first.Is it possible to go there on a tourist visa and try to find a job offer in the 6months?Or the only way is to apply online,but i read that Most Canadians employers don't answer back if you are not currently living in Canada.
Would it be better to get a TWP and then go for PNP?Are people more successful applying to B.C or Alberta?
Any good job sites for the work I'm interested in?
Another thing i read that if after sometime you are not making enough money with the job you have been offered they might consider that you're no economically stable and wont accept you.

thanks for read and sorry for the wall of text.Any help would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum. You do indeed need to find a job first and you are correct that most Canadian employers are unlikely to even look at an application made over the internet.

Your best bet by far is to get out there and try and find a job. Have a read of the following Wiki section for more info............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...Hunting-Canada

The Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) also has loads of other info including about the PNP programmes, so do have a good read of it.

Best of luck.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 8:11 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP semi skilled worker

Originally Posted by Jovil
here in bc you need to work in a very specific profession (see their list) and be legally working with your sponsoring employer for 9 months before you are eligible to apply under the semi skilled stream of bcpnp. so you have to come over on a twp first.

note: in bc the procedure is different for skilled occupations. if you have a skilled occupation that possibly would give you more chances to be accepted.

no idea about more success in bc or ab - as i said if you go through the bcpnp semi skilled route you have to prove the "quality" of your intentions first.

oh, and i hope you are aware that most pnp streams (to me things like the ns community stream are still rather an exeption than the rule...) require you to get a job first and be sponsored through your (future) employer.

btw: welcome to the forum.

Last edited by lof; Dec 27th 2008 at 8:23 am.