PNP route or PR route

Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

andy dowdall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP route or PR route

Is it better to apply via the Alberta PNP programme or to apply directly for PR?

I have a chance of employment in Edmonton,Alberta and will have a clearer picture in the spring time.Once and if I achieve a job offer what would the best advice be?

Should I apply for a temp work visa and then apply for PR whilst over in Canada?

Any advice is warmly recieved

Andy Dowdall
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PNP route or PR route

I'm not sure about the PNP, looked pretty complicated to me so I chose FSW category and it took me a year through Buffalo.

I strongly recommend taking the temp work visa and applying from here, regardless which category. It can only improve your chances of acceptance and may be faster than doing it from the outside.

Originally Posted by andy dowdall
Is it better to apply via the Alberta PNP programme or to apply directly for PR?

I have a chance of employment in Edmonton,Alberta and will have a clearer picture in the spring time.Once and if I achieve a job offer what would the best advice be?

Should I apply for a temp work visa and then apply for PR whilst over in Canada?

Any advice is warmly recieved

Andy Dowdall
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

if you can obtain a work permit, then it does not really matter which route as long as you can make it at the end and obtain your PR status because you would be in Canada anyway, PNP route is supposed to be faster if everything goes smoothly but you will need to settle in that province.
good luck
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

andy dowdall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bartM
I'm not sure about the PNP, looked pretty complicated to me so I chose FSW category and it took me a year through Buffalo.

I strongly recommend taking the temp work visa and applying from here, regardless which category. It can only improve your chances of acceptance and may be faster than doing it from the outside.

Thank you ,but excusing my ignorance what does FSW stand for?
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough

Federal Skilled Worker

Originally Posted by andy dowdall
Thank you ,but excusing my ignorance what does FSW stand for?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bartM
Federal Skilled Worker
No matter how complicated, do PNP. FSW from London is currently taking 41 months to complete.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that it is essentially the company who makes the PNP application first of all. Once this is approved then you make the federal application. In theory this can all be done in 6-12 months. It took 4 months for a colleague from South America, but things have slowed since.

If the offer is HRSDC approved then you can come on a work permit then make the application from within Canada. This is what I am currently doing.