PNP question

Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:25 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default PNP question

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can offer advice. We have looked at the PNP for Alberta, and found 0651 as the closest code for my OH who is a Salon Owner with 15 years experience, Level 3 NVQ, and has a ton of other certificates that are from trade/product related training courses etc.

I am led to believe that her vocation is on the PNP list for Alberta (Calgary as we have friends there), but can't find out where this is listed...if she's an 0 (oh, or zero??), A or B Classification etc...it's all a bit like running around a maze, going back to the same information over and over again, which still does not answer the question. I know that a job offer is going to be the biggest factor, but the PNP was another route we considered.

Any advice, pointing in the right direction etc would be a big help....

Thanks...Rich
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP question

Originally Posted by theguitardoctor View Post
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can offer advice. We have looked at the PNP for Alberta, and found 0651 as the closest code for my OH who is a Salon Owner with 15 years experience, Level 3 NVQ, and has a ton of other certificates that are from trade/product related training courses etc.

I am led to believe that her vocation is on the PNP list for Alberta (Calgary as we have friends there), but can't find out where this is listed...if she's an 0 (oh, or zero??), A or B Classification etc...it's all a bit like running around a maze, going back to the same information over and over again, which still does not answer the question. I know that a job offer is going to be the biggest factor, but the PNP was another route we considered.

Any advice, pointing in the right direction etc would be a big help....

Thanks...Rich
If you look at the NOC Matrix (just Google it, or it's in the Wiki on here), then that will tell you which Skill Level the NOC code is - according to that, NOC code 0651 is Skill Level O.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 10:33 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Hi, and thanks for the reply...

O is the highest category isn't it...?? I did look at the Wiki link, but it doesn't (or maybe it's my interpretation) seem to explain what we need to do to go the PNP route....

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject...Canada seems fairly confusing when it comes to information, and there are so many companies out there that make promises that are simply not possible...such as immediate PR when you hit a points level (which we do).

I would be grateful if someone can offer advice as to what steps we would need to take in order to go this route.

We are also planning a recce to Calgary in July (Stampede week), hoping to line up a couple of interviews and pass on resume's to prospective employers...which may help the whole process along.

Thanks again, Rich
Old Mar 5th 2009, 10:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theguitardoctor View Post
Hi, and thanks for the reply...

O is the highest category isn't it...?? I did look at the Wiki link, but it doesn't (or maybe it's my interpretation) seem to explain what we need to do to go the PNP route....

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject...Canada seems fairly confusing when it comes to information, and there are so many companies out there that make promises that are simply not possible...such as immediate PR when you hit a points level (which we do).

I would be grateful if someone can offer advice as to what steps we would need to take in order to go this route.

We are also planning a recce to Calgary in July (Stampede week), hoping to line up a couple of interviews and pass on resume's to prospective employers...which may help the whole process along.

Thanks again, Rich

Yes, O means that she would be considered a Skilled Worker.

You are aware that you'd need a job offer to go down the PNP route? (unless you have a relative that can sponsor you or similar but I'm assuming not as you haven't mentioned it). If you haven't already, have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki which will give you lots of hints for your recce trip, and then hopefully you'll return with the all important job offer!

Have you looked at the Alberta PNP website? I've always found that quite clearly laid out.

Don't worry, it is very confusing but shout with any questions, that's what this forum is here for!

Best of luck.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been through all your previous posts but I see from the first page in 2003 that you were off to OZ............I'd have a look at the wiki on immigrating options for Canada too.....completely different.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 6:45 pm
Life's next chapter is?

It was NZ, and I got there, but unfortunately I put trust in someone that didn't have the wherewithall to be honest, and I was forced back through no fault of my own. Needless to say, that relationship crumbled.

That was 6 years ago, and I've never lost the desire to leave the UK, and with friends and a network in Canada, it seems as if it might well be a less "alone" experience.