PNP query

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default PNP query

I submitted a PNP application through my work and have gotten a receipt and confirmation of payment.

I've just come back off holiday to find that my boss cannot give me many hours right now as business not that great, even though I'm the assistant manager.
What information does the PNP office require from the employer during the process. He says he willing to tell them I am still working full time but do they ask for proof of this. If it got accepted, the work visa issued will only allow me to work for that company am I correct. What happened if once accepted by the PNP I looked for a new job would it have to be the same spec as in a retail management position to be eligble?

Great way to end my vacation!!!! not

Many thanks

Nikki
Old Oct 24th 2012, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP query

Originally Posted by nikkif99uk
I submitted a PNP application through my work and have gotten a receipt and confirmation of payment.

I've just come back off holiday to find that my boss cannot give me many hours right now as business not that great, even though I'm the assistant manager.
What information does the PNP office require from the employer during the process. He says he willing to tell them I am still working full time but do they ask for proof of this. If it got accepted, the work visa issued will only allow me to work for that company am I correct. What happened if once accepted by the PNP I looked for a new job would it have to be the same spec as in a retail management position to be eligble?

Great way to end my vacation!!!! not

Many thanks

Nikki
well I've decided its not worth it so am leaving Vancouver at the end of my visa going home saving up again and potentially coming back in a year or so on my 3rd and final IEC visa
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Nikkif99uk

I am afraid I can't help with your questions

Sorry to read that you are going back, but also good to hear that you will give it another go in a year or so.

Good luck and hope it all works out as you would want it to
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

I thought BC was actually a Province that allowed to change jobs being a PNP. Have a look at this http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigrat.../lose_job.page
Either way good luck!
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

Correct, BC will generally allow the applicant to change their employment after nomination. The issue in this case is that the nomination has not occurred yet.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Hang Fire.... can't you just wait until you get PR and change jobs then?

I can't help you with the details (someone will be able to).
Old Oct 25th 2012, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

The applicant and the employer are supposed to inform the PNP office prior to nomination if there is a problem.