Wikiposts

PNP Query

Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:03 am
Howling with the huskies

winter_fan will become famous soon enoughwinter_fan will become famous soon enough
Default PNP Query

I know this probably sounds like a stupid query...but my partner and I are hoping to migrate from the UK to Canada permanently and were hoping to apply under the PNP scheme (as our jobs feature on the list), however the CIC and provincial gvment websites have confused us a little.
We know what the scheme is, but could someone please explain how PNP works in practice?
I mean, do we first have to apply for jobs then ask if that potential employer would sponsor us under the PNP scheme and then apply for the scheme itself? Or is there a recognised list of employers listed somewhere that will take on foreign workers under the scheme.

Just curious as to how it actually works (sorry if this has been asked before!)
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:12 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Query

If you look under the Wiki, you should find out a bit more about it. There are also a couple of good threads about the pnp timeslines and so on.

The basics - there are some provinces which have introduced other aspects to it - like Nova Scotia's community identified stream, and you can get in under the pnp if you are an entrepeneur with money to invest in starting up a business. Otherwise, if you can find a job, get the company to prove they can't find a canadian to do it, you can apply for pnp in that province. It took us just over a year from applying for pnp to arriving in the province on a twp - currently waiting for our pr (application in with london).

Read the wiki though, and look at the various provinces sites on pnp as I think there are definite differences between the provinces - some are free to apply, some will charge you (newfoundland where we are charges $150).

Hope that helps a bit.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:26 am
Howling with the huskies

winter_fan will become famous soon enoughwinter_fan will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the prompt reply PM - have looked through the WIKI a few times and we understand what the scheme is we just weren't sure of the initial process ie, do we apply for any suitable employment and request sponsorship for PNP if we are successful or do we wait to see if it's offered? This is the part that's got us really confused (we're only looking at the employment route).

We were considering this route for either Alberta or BC as the skilled worker route wait is lengthy at the moment from the UK
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by winter_fan
Thanks for the prompt reply PM - have looked through the WIKI a few times and we understand what the scheme is we just weren't sure of the initial process ie, do we apply for any suitable employment and request sponsorship for PNP if we are successful or do we wait to see if it's offered? This is the part that's got us really confused (we're only looking at the employment route).

We were considering this route for either Alberta or BC as the skilled worker route wait is lengthy at the moment from the UK
I know how you feel we have decided to do the same thing it is a bit confussing. As I understand it from reading loads of posts on here.

1 You get job offer
2 You either get LMO or PNP
3 You complete TWP and buy plane ticket
4 You present TWP application, Job Offer and LMO or PNP at POE

LMO - Labour Market Opinion (which employer applies for)
PNP - Provincial Nomination Program
TWP - Temporary work permit
POE - Point of Entry

This is basic general gist of the process.

I would advise reading through the other threads on here there is loads of detailed information. But first thing is get a job in a province where it is on the occupations under pressure list.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

You have been given a general guide, but for more specific info it would be helpful to know which PNP scheme you are talking about (meaning which province you are tryng to go to) and it might also be helpful to know which jobs you do. With that information it would be possible to give you some informaton more closely related to your situation.

But generally, with most PNPs you first need to find an employer who is willing to go through the process with you.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:07 pm
Howling with the huskies

Thanks Allicat! That's exactly what I was after, you're a star!
Thanks to everyone for the info shall continue to research
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

d4ever21 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: PNP Query

can any one help my husband is over in alberta working since oct 07 now found out company hes worked for is not on the pnp progrmme [we were sent to this company by a well known consultant willis brazelot} so was adviced to change jobs which he now has done!! the problem is our daughter is in university over here uk she becomes 22 in august 08 to get her in on my husbands visa it has to be processed before then........
my question {sorry took so long to get to the point!} is does he have to start his time all over again or will he be allowed to carry the 6 months forward with his new employer ? any help would be appreciated because the new employer is telling us no and brazelot are saying yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Old Apr 19th 2008, 4:12 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by d4ever21
can any one help my husband is over in alberta working since oct 07 now found out company hes worked for is not on the pnp progrmme [we were sent to this company by a well known consultant willis brazelot} so was adviced to change jobs which he now has done!! the problem is our daughter is in university over here uk she becomes 22 in august 08 to get her in on my husbands visa it has to be processed before then........
my question {sorry took so long to get to the point!} is does he have to start his time all over again or will he be allowed to carry the 6 months forward with his new employer ? any help would be appreciated because the new employer is telling us no and brazelot are saying yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
wouldn't it be easier to fast track your pr application backed up with twp and permanent job offer as outlined in the according wiki Fast Track PR Application instead of insisting on going the pnp route??? having said that it might have helped if you'd given more details about the job, duration of the wp and other relevant circumstances like have you already a pr-application running (aor, at what point you are with it...) and the like.

as for the time frame of getting your pr visa: even if you apply today (and i'm thinking of the wp-route i referred to above, and not abpnp which involves the additional step of your oh being nominated by them - given i got the abpnp system right) and everything goes smoothly... looking at other time lines i think it is unlikely anyway that you're able to land as prs in the next three months. sorry, not what you wanted to hear but there are still a few steps involved (medicals, background checks to name the important ones) which need their time to get cleared.
others might be able to tell you the facts about the dependent children thing though. i'm not up to date with that.

leaving the field to the experts now.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice

Originally Posted by winter_fan
I know this probably sounds like a stupid query...but my partner and I are hoping to migrate from the UK to Canada permanently and were hoping to apply under the PNP scheme (as our jobs feature on the list), however the CIC and provincial gvment websites have confused us a little.
We know what the scheme is, but could someone please explain how PNP works in practice?
I mean, do we first have to apply for jobs then ask if that potential employer would sponsor us under the PNP scheme and then apply for the scheme itself? Or is there a recognised list of employers listed somewhere that will take on foreign workers under the scheme.

Just curious as to how it actually works (sorry if this has been asked before!)
Hi there

OH has just gone through the PNP process in Alberta. He was offered a position in Calgary Dec 07. Completed all the forms and sent them back to the Employer in January 08. They completed their part and sent all docs to Edmonton. PNP asked a few questions regarding pay and staff but they were granted permission to recruit 1 person (my OH) in March 08. OH was nominated the week after. We received paperwork 3weeks later and have been told to apply for PR before Sept. Have just got all paperwork together and just waiting for police checks now. We are hoping to get PR before we actually fly out at the end of August. If not will apply for TWP at Calgary (we can't go before as OH is in the military and has to work a silly amount of notice period).
Hope this helps.

Karen
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

d4ever21 is on a distinguished road
Question Re: PNP Query

hi thanks for the information , just to fill you in we have done all the checks { pr mr } husband working trucking on his twp . but worked 6 months
to be told that company is not with the goverment programme!!!
so now working for a new company doing long distance ...which apparantly he should of been doing all along !!!!!!!!!! so back to square 1 for timing ...........
so i cant get an open work permit yet ........ is this happening to any one else?
plus got the worry of daughter not being able to come in on our visa running out of time shes 22 in aug 08 !!!!!!!!:curse:

Last edited by d4ever21; Apr 19th 2008 at 9:12 pm.