In PNP Process... Losing Job

Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:26 pm
MBC
Just Joined

MBC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In PNP Process... Losing Job

Hi there,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on our current situation.

I am in the que for PR with a PNP Nomination, our paperwork was submitted before Christmas, I was recently informed that due to changes in the company structure that my job role is no longer required. My employment will be terminated this week. Obviously, this has come as a great shock and we are now concerned about our immediate future here in Canada.

We have spoken to CIC and they informed that as my work permit is still valid, I can apply for other jobs, but MAY have to apply for an LMO with the new employer, they also advised us to email Buffalo and let them know of the change in circumstances. We have been told that we will be contacted within 28 days!

Obviously, these are unusual circumstances, but we are hoping that someone can advise us on possible options open to us, has anyone been in a similar situation?

Our work permits are valid for another year and both our children are happy and settled here in BC.

Any info would be useful...
Thanks!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:26 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In PNP Process... Losing Job

Hi

Sorry to hear of your situation, hope you are able to resolve

If your PNP nomination is based upon the job with your current employer, then due to the change in circumstances I believe you are obligated to inform CIC and the PNP office that processed your nomination.

Not 100% sure but believe you will need to find another job, which could perhaps meet the PNP requirements, this may mean that you will not require an LMO, if the PNP approves your new job, you could then look to just get your WP updated for the new employer whilst the PR part is processed to the end.

As I said not 100% sure but hopefully somebody will be along to advise shortly.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:32 pm
MBC
Just Joined

MBC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In PNP Process... Losing Job

Thanks nikki dreaming - yes as you can imagine, we are feeling very anxious and unsure about our future here in BC. We are all happy and settled here and this has come as somewhat of a shock to us, especially this far along the PR process.

We have notified CIC and PNP and are awaiting some feedback, as I say we are being told that it will take a while to gain a response.