PNP &PR HELP

Old Aug 14th 2014, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

wiganfem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP &PR HELP

Hi

I wonder if any of you lovely people know the answer as have heard conflicting information.

Currently it is four years max in Canada then you have to leave, i get that, and know it is changing to two, but if you put your PNP in before then are you ok and likely to be able to apply to extend, or does it have to go to federal level and the actual PR application be in before the four years are up?

Thanks to anyone who knows
Old Aug 14th 2014, 8:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP &PR HELP

Note that (i) it's only a max of 2 years if you're in a lower skilled occupation; and (ii) it's not being applied retrospectively. So it's highly unlikely to apply to you anyway?
Old Aug 14th 2014, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Note that (i) it's only a max of 2 years if you're in a lower skilled occupation; and (ii) it's not being applied retrospectively. So it's highly unlikely to apply to you anyway?
Thanks, yes im aware of that, but do you know if it is the PNP that has to be in and accepted before the four years is up, or is it that it has to have been nominated and the actual paperwork has to be in and accepted by CIC before the four years are up? Some people say you have to have the PNP in before four years, others say you actually have to have the nomination and have the CIC stuff in before four years.

Thanks
Old Aug 14th 2014, 1:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If you're in an unskilled or low skilled position, then you'd need nomination. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTM...2011-03-24.asp

Before that point, you're still subject to the max of 4 years.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 14th 2014 at 1:12 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you're in an unskilled or low skilled position, then you'd need nomination. Backgrounder — Four-year limit for foreign nationals working in Canada

Before that point, you're still subject to the max of 4 years.

HTH.
so your nomination has to be complete before the four years or up, and you must have the certificate to show this, or you must just be going through the nomination process ?That is what i am trying to find out.

Sorry its hard to express exactly what i mean in writing lol
Old Aug 15th 2014, 6:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by wiganfem
so your nomination has to be complete before the four years or up, and you must have the certificate to show this, or you must just be going through the nomination process ?That is what i am trying to find out.

Sorry its hard to express exactly what i mean in writing lol
Well, I thought I understood your question, but maybe I don't, as the link I gave you answered it, and I did say you'd need nomination!

The link says the following:

"Some workers will be exempt from the cumulative duration regulation.

TFWs in managerial (NOC 0) or professional occupations (NOC A).
TFWs who have applied for permanent residence and received:
a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) if applying as a Quebec Skilled Worker;
a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) certificate if applying as a provincial nominee;
an approval in principle letter if applying under the Live-in Caregiver Class;
a positive selection decision if applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Class; or
a positive selection decision if applying under the Canadian Experience Class.
"

Does that not answer your question? If not, and I'm misunderstanding, do try and explain it again and hopefully we can find an answer for you!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 15th 2014 at 6:51 am.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

I think it does answer was just confirming.
I just wanted to know if we had to have our nomination part complete before the four years are up and the paperwork into CIC, or did it just have to be applied for basically. Reading above looks like we have to have the nomination complete.

Thanks for your help
Old Aug 15th 2014, 12:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by wiganfem
I think it does answer was just confirming.
I just wanted to know if we had to have our nomination part complete before the four years are up and the paperwork into CIC, or did it just have to be applied for basically. Reading above looks like we have to have the nomination complete.

Thanks for your help
Yes, exactly, you need the actual nomination certificate to be exempt from the time limit.