PNP and PR deadlines

Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:43 am
Just Joined

fuzzy87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP and PR deadlines

Hey guys, I have till November 17th to apply for PR from the acceptance of my PNP.
If I send a cheque or money order, will this still be okay? Or do the funds have to clear by the 17th, etc?

I contacted PNP and they just direct me to CIC now, getting through to anyone in that call centre is nigh on impossible!

Thanks in advance x
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP and PR deadlines

Originally Posted by fuzzy87
Hey guys, I have till November 17th to apply for PR from the acceptance of my PNP.
If I send a cheque or money order, will this still be okay? Or do the funds have to clear by the 17th, etc?

I contacted PNP and they just direct me to CIC now, getting through to anyone in that call centre is nigh on impossible!

Thanks in advance x
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-how.asp

No mention of the funds having to clear at the time, however, you might want to take note of this and take into consideration how long it might be until they start processing your application:

Payment issue – Expired payment

For expired certified cheques, bank drafts and money orders only. CIC will return your application.

Note: Processing of your application will only start after you return your application with requested fees.

If there is no expiry date on your certified cheque, money order or bank draft and it is drawn from a foreign bank, it can only be cashed up to six (6) months from the date of issue. To ensure it can still be cashed when the fee payment is processed at the CIO, it must be issued no more than 30 days before you send your application to the CIO.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...OC.asp#pay-fee

Old Nov 4th 2013, 10:02 am
Just Joined

fuzzy87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-how.asp

No mention of the funds having to clear at the time, however, you might want to take note of this and take into consideration how long it might be until they start processing your application:

Payment issue – Expired payment

For expired certified cheques, bank drafts and money orders only. CIC will return your application.

Note: Processing of your application will only start after you return your application with requested fees.

If there is no expiry date on your certified cheque, money order or bank draft and it is drawn from a foreign bank, it can only be cashed up to six (6) months from the date of issue. To ensure it can still be cashed when the fee payment is processed at the CIO, it must be issued no more than 30 days before you send your application to the CIO.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...OC.asp#pay-fee

Thank you Sir!
Old Nov 4th 2013, 10:04 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuzzy87
Thank you Sir!
ummm... did you mean Ma'am ?

You are most welcome.