Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP / PR application ( where to) and medicals - help

PNP / PR application ( where to) and medicals - help

Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:13 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default PNP / PR application ( where to) and medicals - help

Hi all,

well been a while since I started a post on here as we have our twp's now and are settled on Vancouver Island. So now for the next stage in the whole immigration process - PR

I received confirmation today of acceptance for PNP - it says I have to submitt my application for PR to Buffalo, but I always thought you had to apply to your home country????? ie London?

Secondly, I had a medical done for my TWP as Im a nurse, will I have to have another one done? if not how will they know I have already had one?

any help GREATLY appreciated

God Im not looking forward to this lol

thanks
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:00 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP / PR application ( where to) and medicals - help

Originally Posted by Tanah
Hi all,

well been a while since I started a post on here as we have our twp's now and are settled on Vancouver Island. So now for the next stage in the whole immigration process - PR

I received confirmation today of acceptance for PNP - it says I have to submitt my application for PR to Buffalo, but I always thought you had to apply to your home country????? ie London?

Secondly, I had a medical done for my TWP as Im a nurse, will I have to have another one done? if not how will they know I have already had one?

thanks
if you have a visa for canada which is valid for a year or more, you can apply either to buffalo (visa post for the country of your actual residence) or london (visa post for your country of origin / citizenship).
for london would speak that they are generally a tiny bit faster for pnps than buffalo, but it would mean to fly back there in the (unlikely) situation that they see the need for an interview.
buffalo often transfers pnp-applications to one of their satelite offices. mine was transferred to seattle - and when my pr finally came through, i had the possibility to get my passport stamped in person.
i believe that bcpnp has buffalo as default visa post for people who are already here. if you prefer to apply to london, talk to your bcpnp officer (contact info in the paperwork you've got from them).

medicals: afaik cic insists that medicals for a wp and pr are not the same. in addition there is the "problem" of validity: pr medicals are only valid for a year, meaning you must land as a pr within a year after your medicals. so you most probably have to retake yours.

good luck and best wishes from up-island.

Last edited by lof; Jan 6th 2009 at 4:03 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

saro772 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tanah
Hi all,

thanks
Hi All,
I have applied for canadian PR on Dec 2,08. I have applied in Buffalo, USA and started processing in jan 05,09. I plan to leave US by march and goto European countries for work. My question is If I leave US my status will gone if that happens whether my candian process will be continued in buffalo,usa or I need to re-apply in European consulate. If it so how about my process time there. Please help me in this situation.
by saravanan.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

saro772 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saro772
Hi All,
I have applied for canadian PR on Dec 2,08. I have applied in Buffalo, USA and started processing in jan 05,09. I plan to leave US by march and goto European countries for work. My question is If I leave US my status will gone if that happens whether my candian process will be continued in buffalo,usa or I need to re-apply in European consulate. If it so how about my process time there. Please help me in this situation.
by saravanan.
Hi its me saravanan. If you have any suggestion on my question please reply to me at this ID:[email protected]
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:46 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lof
if you have a visa for canada which is valid for a year or more, you can apply either to buffalo (visa post for the country of your actual residence) or london (visa post for your country of origin / citizenship).
for london would speak that they are generally a tiny bit faster for pnps than buffalo, but it would mean to fly back there in the (unlikely) situation that they see the need for an interview.
buffalo often transfers pnp-applications to one of their satelite offices. mine was transferred to seattle - and when my pr finally came through, i had the possibility to get my passport stamped in person.
i believe that bcpnp has buffalo as default visa post for people who are already here. if you prefer to apply to london, talk to your bcpnp officer (contact info in the paperwork you've got from them).

medicals: afaik cic insists that medicals for a wp and pr are not the same. in addition there is the "problem" of validity: pr medicals are only valid for a year, meaning you must land as a pr within a year after your medicals. so you most probably have to retake yours.

good luck and best wishes from up-island.
Thanks Lof - help much appreciated. My Medical was done in July 08 so well within the 12 months - I might just add note to the front of my application to say when I had one done. Im not quite sure what the difference could be as the seem to cover just about everything - theres no further blood tests that could be done or x-rays but I guess I'll see.

many thanks
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

Tanah, have you submitted your PR application yet? I sent mine in yesterday but realised that I left out a few documents
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:28 pm
is Happy

Originally Posted by sioux
Tanah, have you submitted your PR application yet? I sent mine in yesterday but realised that I left out a few documents
HI Sioux,

Not yet, we are 1) saving up the $2300 its gonna cost to submitt it and 2) waiting for our police checks to come back from the UK.
I darent add up the whole cost of moving - it would give me a heart attack!!!

I would just send the extra bits in an envelope and ask em to match em up