PNP Police Clearance

Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

loggie is on a distinguished road
Default PNP Police Clearance

Hi Folks,

I have a question for anyone who is or was already in Canada on a work permit and secured PNP status. We submitted Police Clearance Certificates for spouse and I when we applied for work permit back in April 2006 which covered us from the age of 18 to time of application. My question is; when submitting our PNP approved application for PR to Buffalo do we need Police Clearance from the last point they were submitted until today (i.e. UK and Canada) or do we need to get completely new ones from the age of 18, which won't be any different?

Any advice would be most welcome.

For those on the PNP Trail this is our timeline so far:

1. Found employer who was willing to employ spouse in October 2005.
2. Applied for LMO Dec 6 2005.
3. Received confirmed LMO 15 Jan 2006
4. Applied for WP through London in April 2006 (time gap due to waiting to leave military)
5. Received & completed medical request May 2006.
6. Received WP Jun 2006
7. Arrived Canada July 2006 on 1 year WP.
8. Extended WP June 2007 for 2 years through to Aug 2009.
9. Employer applied for PNP status through Edmonton July 2007.
10. Received confirmation of employers PNP status Sep 2007.
11. Applied for PNP for family through Edmonton Oct 2007.
12. Received confirmation letter and directions to apply for PR through Buffalo 28 November.

Hope this helps anyone who might be following this route.

Regards

Loggie
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:12 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Police Clearance

well done on your nomination. congratulations!

you need an up to date police clearance from every country you lived in for more than six months since 18.

exemption: (from the buffalo specific checklist http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf) appendix b)
Certain police authorities have special procedures for obtaining police certificates/clearances. They are the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Royal Hong Kong Police (RHKP). Do not request a police certificate from Hong Kong or Canada until you are instructed to do so by a visa office. Further instructions for obtaining a police certificate of no record from these authorities will be sent to you alongwith your assessment letter from the Regional Program Centre (Buffalo) and medical forms
btw my instructions i got from bcpnp with my nomination lettre did mention that as well...

you might want to join the pnps here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465947
Old Dec 6th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Just carrying on from lof. CIC only see police clearance certificates as only valid for 1 year from the date on them.

In your case it's stupid as you have been living in Canada for a year, but still you need to re-apply for the UK ones and any other country you have lived in for more than 6 months.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, appreciate the info. I know it's daft that we have to get them all again especially having been in the military for 22 years. Several countries that I need police clearance from which were a pain to get in the first place. We've started to put the stuff together though contacting embassies etc so hopefully it won't take too long. The nauseating ones are the ones we then have to have translated like the German one. Ho hum, just another hoop to jump through but then again I suppose we're lucky to be here so quick.

Thanks again

Regards, Loggie
Old Dec 7th 2007, 12:45 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

just in case you need a certified translator for the german one pm me.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, will do.