Wikiposts

PNP Obligations

Old Mar 9th 2016, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

DaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default PNP Obligations

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but could find my answer.

What obligation do you have for PNP. For example if i get a PNP from Ontario, can i ever move from there and work else where?

I have been told you have no legal obligation to them?

Not that i would go there and then leave, but nice to know my options and the process.

thanks,
D
Old Mar 9th 2016, 10:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Obligations

You can move, you have the right to live anywhere in Canada as a PR. However, if Ontario thought you had obtained your PR by misrepresentation (i.e. you'd never intended to live there), then you could have PR revoked. You do have to make a signed declaration of your intention to reside in ON as part of your PNP.

But as long as you do actually live there, then it's fine. It's only to stop people getting PR via a province's PNP and then moving elsewhere. If you moved on after a year for example, then no problem.

HTH.