PNP & Medical Enquiry?

Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

lenart will become famous soon enough
Default PNP & Medical Enquiry?

Hi

I am Currently applying through the Nova Scotia PNP route, my query after looking at the relevant applcation for PR states in page 2 of(IMM 0008) it states you must provide details about each of your famiIy members whether they wil be accompanying you or not. I am married my wife has 2 sons from her prevous marriage 23 yrs and 21 yrs of age they will not be coming with us and no longer live at home.

As they are my stepsons and no longer living at home I would consider them to be independent. If I include them on my application it would mean additional expense for both medicals and police checks plus photagraphs etc. If I have to include them on my application and they refused to have medicals that would leave me up the creek without a paddle. What happens then? it may seem an odd question but I am looking at the worst case scenario

Any help would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks Len
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:23 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP & Medical Enquiry?

Hi

Originally Posted by lenart
Hi

I am Currently applying through the Nova Scotia PNP route, my query after looking at the relevant applcation for PR states in page 2 of(IMM 0008) it states you must provide details about each of your famiIy members whether they wil be accompanying you or not. I am married my wife has 2 sons from her prevous marriage 23 yrs and 21 yrs of age they will not be coming with us and no longer live at home.

As they are my stepsons and no longer living at home I would consider them to be independent. If I include them on my application it would mean additional expense for both medicals and police checks plus photagraphs etc. If I have to include them on my application and they refused to have medicals that would leave me up the creek without a paddle. What happens then? it may seem an odd question but I am looking at the worst case scenario

Any help would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks Len
You list the 21 year old as non accompanying, the 23 year old is not a dependent, and then both are listed on the IMM 5406. The don't have medicals nor do you need photos, PCCs.

PMM
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Dear PMM,

Thanks for swift reply regarding the 21 yr old, the thing that threw me was on the appendix D Medical Instructions it states quote " Everyone included in your application whether accompanying you to Canada or not, is required to undergo a medical exam on our list of our designated doctors".

As he is under 22 he is still classed as a dependent, my concern is that the CHC London will expect as mentioned in the above Appendix that he undergoes a medical.

Sorry for seeming naive but he is at that age and quite difficult at the moment.

Once again Many Thanks Len
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:29 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by lenart
Dear PMM,

Thanks for swift reply regarding the 21 yr old, the thing that threw me was on the appendix D Medical Instructions it states quote " Everyone included in your application whether accompanying you to Canada or not, is required to undergo a medical exam on our list of our designated doctors".

As he is under 22 he is still classed as a dependent, my concern is that the CHC London will expect as mentioned in the above Appendix that he undergoes a medical.

Sorry for seeming naive but he is at that age and quite difficult at the moment.

Once again Many Thanks Len
You state in the cover that he is no longer dependent and will not be included in the application.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi PMM,

Thank you once again much appreciated.

Best Regards Len