PNP Manitoba Without An LMO

Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future
Default PNP Manitoba Without An LMO

Hi, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to apply for the Manitoba PNP employer driven stream if you are not the spouse who has the LMO. Our situation is that my husband has to pass the red seal examination before we can apply for the PNP programme but I have been working on an open permit since we arrived here 6 months ago now therefore can I be the one to apply for the employer driven stream? My employer would have no problem with this and it would take the pressure off my OH to pass the exam so quickly. Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:45 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PNP Manitoba Without An LMO

Not sure about the Manitoba PNP, but you can certainly apply under FSW2 as a spousal open work permit holder (if issued under regulation 205(c)(ii)). For FSW2 all you need is a written permanent job offer from your employer. But you do have to maintain your work permit until the FSW application is approved. Assuming you meet the other requirements of FSW2 (NOC Level 0, A or B job, points, English test etc).

Last edited by BTJ; Jan 18th 2012 at 3:51 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 6:15 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by BTJ
Not sure about the Manitoba PNP, but you can certainly apply under FSW2 as a spousal open work permit holder (if issued under regulation 205(c)(ii)). For FSW2 all you need is a written permanent job offer from your employer. But you do have to maintain your work permit until the FSW application is approved. Assuming you meet the other requirements of FSW2 (NOC Level 0, A or B job, points, English test etc).

1. SOWP is issued under 205(b) and to apply under FSW2 (arranged employment, letter from employer) the employment must meet the following:

"in addition:

your work permit must have been confirmed by Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) through a positive labour market opinion or
you must be in a category that is exempt from an Arranged Employment Opinion

So the spouses work permit was NOT issued through a valid LMO.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 6:29 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. SOWP is issued under 205(b) and to apply under FSW2 (arranged employment, letter from employer) the employment must meet the following:

"in addition:

your work permit must have been confirmed by Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) through a positive labour market opinion or
you must be in a category that is exempt from an Arranged Employment Opinion

So the spouses work permit was NOT issued through a valid LMO.
According to the TWP Manual 5.38 SOWP is issued under 205(c)(ii) which is exempt from AEO.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf
Old Jan 18th 2012, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Linda...
to answer your original question, yes..as long as you have worked 6 month with the same employer, who offers you permanent full time work for the future as well.

cheers
Ilse
Old Jan 19th 2012, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manitobain
Hey Linda...
to answer your original question, yes..as long as you have worked 6 month with the same employer, who offers you permanent full time work for the future as well.

cheers
Ilse
Hey there llse, good to hear from you. And as usual you have all the answers. Thanks for that. yes, I have been working for the same employer since October and he is eager for me to get my permanent residency sorted out. he would no problem giving me a letter or whatever is required. Thanks for that info. Takes a little pressure off now. maybe we wont even have to worry about this cos OH my pass the red seal but you just never know....cheers.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Linda, yeah pressure on Red Seal can be daunting...but glad you like it so far

cheers Ilse