Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP or LMIA route which one fastest route?

PNP or LMIA route which one fastest route?

Old Oct 2nd 2014, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile PNP or LMIA route which one fastest route?

Hi

i would appreciate some help on which one of these route would be quickest way of relocating to Ontario, Canada.

I think it is LMIA from my reading on this forum and cic website but hfo think otherwise. Hence my question.

Here is my situation:

I am planning to relocate to Toronto, ON.
My job is NOC skill level A(311). Currently waiting to get registration by regulator body in ON- will get my license by 20-26 Oct.
I just found a job. However as part of LMIA he has not advertised on national banks but to get positive LMIA he needs to do that now for next 4 weeks then apply which as I understand takes 4 weeks so in total it will b 2 months. I then can go to Toronto airport to get TWP at POE.

However PNP route I am not sure how long it takes? Does any body know that?

My guess is that employer need to apply for pre-screening approval (1-2 month).
Then I apply to provincial nominee (I think it takes 3-6 months). Then apply to CIC ( no IELTS is required as per check list. Right?) for PR. The processing time is 33 months for London.
While awaiting for PR I can apply for TWP which I think takes 3 months in London but can I just get this at the POE too rather apply in London? If so how long do I have to wait for PR application to b processed before I can go to POE?

Many thanks for your advice.

Plz be gentle as this is my 1st official opening threat!)...
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 12:31 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP or LMIA route which one fastest route?

What's the job if you've mentioned Health Force Ontario?

Plus what's the hurry...if you follow the correct procedures them prob a LMO or whatever the new name is and TWP is probably the quickest depending on your job... HFO flags all sorts of things up to me though... However for my husband who's a dr, it took 2yrs via twp. I think we might have been better going down the PR route...

Hmm on re-reading it sounds like you're almost through if you nearly have your license? So TWP will be quicker, once here you can apply for FSW with job offer, or PNP or Canadian experience class after a year... I think 311 is Family Physician, my husbands work permit was for three years, a reasonable amount of time to get PR in..

Last edited by Tirytory; Oct 2nd 2014 at 12:39 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 6:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I think 4 weeks is optimistic for a LMIA at the momemt tbh, have a look at the LMIA thread and you'll see 3-4 months is the norm.

Is your employer happy to do either? Personally I'd go with the PNP if I were you as it is a route to PR so more secure. But the PNP is more onerous in terms of paperwork for your employer, plus of course the fee is double that of the LMIA application fee, are they happy with that?
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

thanx Tirtory n Oompa!

I just emailed my employer and ask him if he can do both. PNP is free for employer prescreening approval but employee pays $c2000 when applied. I thought PNP takes much longer. Didn't know LMIA takes 3-4 months...

Yes! Almost through. That's why I am in a hurry to get out....
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 9:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasan78
thanx Tirtory n Oompa!

I just emailed my employer and ask him if he can do both. PNP is free for employer prescreening approval but employee pays $c2000 when applied.
The employer has to apply so they're supposed to pay, not you!
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:49 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I think 4 weeks is optimistic for a LMIA at the momemt tbh, have a look at the LMIA thread and you'll see 3-4 months is the norm.

Is your employer happy to do either? Personally I'd go with the PNP if I were you as it is a route to PR so more secure. But the PNP is more onerous in terms of paperwork for your employer, plus of course the fee is double that of the LMIA application fee, are they happy with that?
The LMO was way quicker for doctors though although I'm only assuming that's what he is...is the LMAIO slower then?
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Tirytory
The LMO was way quicker for doctors though although I'm only assuming that's what he is...is the LMAIO slower then?
The LMO shouldn't have been any quicker for doctors, as there was no special processing for them. LMIA timescales don't seem to be any different those for LMO's, and although there is supposed to be a 10 day processing time for highly paid/skilled occupations (I'd assume doctors come under that), ESDC don't seem to be very aware of it and are processing those applications with the rest!

Hopefully it will improve though.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 3:26 am
Muskoka, Ontario

I don't know...ours came in 10 days last year.. I thought I'd read somewhere that dr being in such short supply were fast tracked through the LMO process at least... Nowt else mind
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

That what I read on cic website as well as the discussion on LMIA suggest.
Yes! I am Dr Tirytory.
No as per PNP website ontario opportunity the nominee pay the $c2000 not employer but for LMIA the employer pays.

Thanks for your contributions. ...
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 4:30 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Hubby is the doctor not me...
Old Oct 4th 2014, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

10 days would be a dream ..
Old Oct 4th 2014, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

DrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond repute

10 - 20 days is actually the norm from my (admittedly anecdotal) survey of medical colleagues. Mine took 5 days in June, although that was a bit faster than the HR person expected.

Hasan, if you mean faster in terms of getting to start work in Canadialand, this is a no brainer: Go LMIA route immediately, ensure you get an upfront medical done with a panel physician on the e-medical system asap and get your WP at the POE, armed with the appropriate documents(all medical quals, licensing docs/letter from appropriate college, LMIA, letter of employment, personal ID docs, fee).

I will post a bit more about my recent journey thru the system later.

For PR, I applied as FSW in early August but, if needed, will embrace express entry in January. In your situation, I would not waste time with PNP but happy to defer to the wiser bods on here if they feel strongly otherwise.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for taking time to reply!

I did think LMIA is faster ie. Quicker relocation/work start.

I think employer is going down the LMIA route anyway as PNP quota cap for ON is full till Feb 2015.