PNP and Laid off.

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

AINP Applicant is on a distinguished road
Default PNP and Laid off.

Hi my boyfriends situation is a little complicated.

He received nomination from Alberta and applied for a work permit and is under implied staus. He has been laid off. Now he has a new employer that is ready to do an LMO but the process currently takes 12 weeks.

CIC has let us know that if AINP cancels the PNP he wont receive a work permit and will have to go on Visitor.

He has faxed, mailed his new employer forms to AINP but without an LMO. The position is being advertized and an LMO can only be filed after Dec 9.

Please help by discussing what you feel will be the probable outcomes.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: PNP and Laid off.

Can anyone reply????
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:22 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AINP Applicant
Can anyone reply????
Did he call Alberta PNP?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

No they have asked him to not call them in inquire till the 16 of Dec.

He has the email address and the phone number of the immigration officer that was assigned to his case when he was employed. He has applied for the work permit, but as you know the processing time for the same is 2 months approx. I am not sure if they will cancel the nomination and not tell us till late.

Its all so confusing!
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:28 am
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

We went through almost the same thing..it delayed us about a year and a half in the end.....a lot of hassle and a lot of paperwork later we are now permanent residents.

Our story is a little different we already had a valid wp for the job we were in but the employer retired.....we had a new employer willing to hire us and so we called Ainp and they assured us that all we had to do was fill out half the paperwork again (the employer part) and that they would be joined together for our application...it caused delays and different officers being involved with our case to eventually result with starting back at square one:

This meant new lmo , new work permit for new employer and then new Ainp application with fresh police checks etc........but we are here and settled now which is wonderful.

My guess for you would be the same ....new employer, new application.

Good luck.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Murrin

Thank you so very much for your reply. I guess we will just have to wait and see it seems. The officer assigned to his case was very helpful till the issuance of AINP. Since they have asked him to wait for 2 weeks we have decided to be patient. Its a hard wait, but on the upside a week has passed and only one more to go.

What will be, will be. I will post the outcome for sure for future applicants.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Murrin

Could you please let me know if AINP withdrew the nomination the minute you informed them of the lay off?

Just a lil curious as my BF's work permit is jeopardy.