Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP or just straight to PR application??

PNP or just straight to PR application??

Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

unigirl1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP or just straight to PR application??

Hi
I have a TWP and am currently working and living in Winnipeg. I have reached the 6 months of employment so am now able to apply for PNP, is this the quickest route to getting PR? or do I just apply for PR? If it is the quickest route to send of PNP do I send off PR application at the same time or wait for PNP approval first?? I am a bit confused as to where I am going next any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
Old Apr 9th 2009, 6:04 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP or just straight to PR application??

Originally Posted by unigirl1982
Hi
I have a TWP and am currently working and living in Winnipeg. I have reached the 6 months of employment so am now able to apply for PNP, is this the quickest route to getting PR? or do I just apply for PR? If it is the quickest route to send of PNP do I send off PR application at the same time or wait for PNP approval first?? I am a bit confused as to where I am going next any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
If you are eligible to apply for Federal Skilled Worker that may be slightly quicker. The PNP is a 2-stage process so it can therefore take longer. If you do go the PNP route you wouldnt send of your PR application until you get confirmation that you have been nominated (although some Provinces ask you to send your PR application to them with the application for nomination and they send it to the Visa Office on your behalf. You should check how Manitoba do it.