PNP help - new guidance

Old Dec 21st 2011, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default PNP help - new guidance

There appears to be updated requirements for PNP applicants, which can only mean...

1. Has anyone managed to find Appendix A referred to in the new PNP checklist (photo guidelines)? I've searched high and low and can't find it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5690E.pdf

2. Also refers to Visa Office Specific forms (if applicable). Anyone know if there are any for London? If so, does anyone have a link?

3. There seems no indication of whether they want certified copies or not. The notes include a definition of what certification means, but I can't find anywhere if they actually want them or not - checklist seems to say just copies. (The FSW1 notes we have already applied under definitely said they did.) The RDA confirmed that at provincial level they just want copies, but we are looking ahead to when we submit at federal level.

Sorry, here we go again.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: PNP help - new guidance

Hi Photo requirements on the main CIC website under quick forms and then photo requirements. Not sure how to add links but will give it a go, this is the photo details.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...n/CIT0021E.pdf

As for the other questions, someone more knowledgeable than myself will be along shortly to help hopefully, but if I find anything more will let you know. Hope this helps. Under that quick link to forms there area loads. Good luck
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5
There appears to be updated requirements for PNP applicants, which can only mean...

1. Has anyone managed to find Appendix A referred to in the new PNP checklist (photo guidelines)? I've searched high and low and can't find it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5690E.pdf

2. Also refers to Visa Office Specific forms (if applicable). Anyone know if there are any for London? If so, does anyone have a link?

3. There seems no indication of whether they want certified copies or not. The notes include a definition of what certification means, but I can't find anywhere if they actually want them or not - checklist seems to say just copies. (The FSW1 notes we have already applied under definitely said they did.) The RDA confirmed that at provincial level they just want copies, but we are looking ahead to when we submit at federal level.

Sorry, here we go again.

Hi Kaye,

You now have to submit everything to CIC in NS as per FSW. So no visa office specific forms.

Good luck!
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks both!

I did find that link to the photo requirements, but it says it's for Citizenship applications, rather than PR. Not sure if they are the same or not?? The new guidance specifically states to refer to Appendix A (which isn't there).

the new PNP checklist (Nov 2011) asks for 6 photos..... and says "Follow the instructions provided in the section "How to Complete the Forms" of the application guide and in Appendix A: Photo Specifications..." There is nothing in the instructions and there is no Appendix A.

I get the feeling the guidance has been updated but bits are missing.

Last edited by Kaye5; Dec 22nd 2011 at 11:19 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi, I had another look and if you go into CIC website and hit the search button on the right side and type in PR Appendix A when the results come up look at number 2 and its seems to be about the photo requirements but also seems to be Appendix B. Im not sure whats changed as such as my application is for MPNP and recent, however there are photo requirements listed on there and its got a heading referring to PR. Hope that helps.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks! I did find Appendix B, but I know from past posts that they can change size requirements, so I'm being paranoid (and not wanting to waste getting on for £100 if we get the wrong size)...

I'm sure yours are fine - the changes are very recent, which is why I think they haven't quite got all the info up to speed yet.

Does Sydney process the whole application now, or do they just pre-check then send on to London?
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Thanks! I did find Appendix B, but I know from past posts that they can change size requirements, so I'm being paranoid (and not wanting to waste getting on for £100 if we get the wrong size)...

I'm sure yours are fine - the changes are very recent, which is why I think they haven't quite got all the info up to speed yet.

Does Sydney process the whole application now, or do they just pre-check then send on to London?
My understanding is that it's like FSW, they screen then forward
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Rubberduck...!

I found this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/5609ETOC.asp

which is appendix A, but relating to Canadian Experience Class, but its requirements seem to tie in with the Nov/Dec 2011 PNP checklist requirements (eg the date the photo was taken now needs to go on the back - hope they accept the photographer writing that on, as I don't know how else they would do that).

Probably by the time we get round to sending this off, they will have either updated the PNP guidance, or changed it again....
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Hi

Not sure if its too late but will maybe help someone else. The link is

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa....asp#appendixA
Old Feb 6th 2012, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rockspie
Hi

Not sure if its too late but will maybe help someone else. The link is

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa....asp#appendixA
Thanks! No, not too late!

Yes, they've updated the checklist Jan 2012 and added the missing appendix A! I hadn't been checking lately, as our application is currently with Halifax, so thanks for the prompt, Rockspie!

Of course, this leads me on to another question (related).

Do we now have to re-do the checklist completed prior to the update? We completed our forms 18 January and it looks like it was updated 19 January. Not a problem as it seems to be just the checklist, but don't want it returning because of such a minor error.

It's also likely that my OH will be changing jobs - does that mean we will need to redo the other (relevant) forms too, or would it be sufficient to put in an update cover note?

Thanks...!

Last edited by Kaye5; Feb 6th 2012 at 1:02 pm.