Wikiposts

PNP or FSW

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PNP or FSW

Hello folks, for the experienced people on here I have a question for you. I recently received my approved AB PNP letter. I also applied for the FSW 1 as I was not too sure how things were going at work. Right now I am at the stage where the PNP has asked me to submit the full application to Buffalo, and also the CIO has sent me an email today asking me to send my full application to Buffalo (for the FSW class). My question is, which route is faster?

Also, should I be sending in my police clearance certifs right now? I have them all already.

Any input would be fantastic!

Thanks.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice
Default Re: PNP or FSW

PNP is supposed to be faster than FSW. More importantly, with PNP CIC doesn't check your points - they make a presumption that you are acceptable and use the security and medical checks to see if you shouldn't been.

If you've already got PNP then I'd probably go that route. Would pay to include a cover letter detailing the two applications so they can put things together.

Yes, you send the police certificates now. Check the Visa-office specific checklist for Buffalo for your stream.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:10 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

we ahve been advised PNP is about 3 months quicker than FSW
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:29 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think that, from start to finish, FSW is quicker than PNP. However if you have already been nominated then you are a little further ahead in the timeline for PNP than you are for FSW so processing times should be similar from now - maybe just a little quicker for PNP.

I would agree with ESarge except in a case where your job is not 100% secure since for PNP it is based on you having employment in Canada whereas for FSW Cat 1 it is based on you having an occupation on the List and if the job evaporated for some reason you would still get your PR status.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

Passport Requests for PNP included a request for a letter from my employer confirming current and continuing employment.

Paul's point is correct.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESarge
Passport Requests for PNP included a request for a letter from my employer confirming current and continuing employment.

Paul's point is correct.
Sounds good. Yep that's the reason that I had sent in another application (FSW 1). However, based on waht you guys are saying, I will go ahead withthe PNP. Also, is there an expiry on how long you should submit the full application to Buffalo after the CIO gives the initial approval? i know with the PNP they do have an expiry date of the nomination but was not sure about the FSW and CIO. What I am thinking of doing is sending in the full application to Buffalo under the PNP, and if something were to happen with work, then at least I already have the initial approval for the FSW 1. If things go well with work and the PR is granted, then I will withdraw the application under the FSW 1 and get my $1,100 back. Sounds like a good plan, or no.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jammy123
Sounds good. Yep that's the reason that I had sent in another application (FSW 1). However, based on waht you guys are saying, I will go ahead withthe PNP. Also, is there an expiry on how long you should submit the full application to Buffalo after the CIO gives the initial approval? i know with the PNP they do have an expiry date of the nomination but was not sure about the FSW and CIO. What I am thinking of doing is sending in the full application to Buffalo under the PNP, and if something were to happen with work, then at least I already have the initial approval for the FSW 1. If things go well with work and the PR is granted, then I will withdraw the application under the FSW 1 and get my $1,100 back. Sounds like a good plan, or no.
Anyone with any input on the above question? Please?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jammy123
Anyone with any input on the above question? Please?
Are you sure you can do the above? Didn't think you could apply for PR under two different streams?

I know you can apply for two different visas at the same time i.e. a TWP and PR, but thought you could only have one PR application in at a time?

Could well be wrong but do double check just in case!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Are you sure you can do the above? Didn't think you could apply for PR under two different streams?

I know you can apply for two different visas at the same time i.e. a TWP and PR, but thought you could only have one PR application in at a time?

Could well be wrong but do double check just in case!
Well from what I have been told, you can have two apps in but when it gets to Buffalo, they will ask you to withdraw one of the applications. Anyone with any more info on this can clarify, please. Thanks!!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:11 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

I was advised (immigration lawyer brief consult) that my role meets the 38 noc list criteria, but also that the PNP route would be quicker - from the experience they have.

Their advice was that PNP is processed much more quickly, and that switching between FSW & PNP can cause confusion in the processing. I did prod them to see if it was not allowed, which they said no, they just didn't recommend it.

In the end, as I don't actually have an offer, I will be going FSW & start looking for work whilst that is being reviewed (assuming it gets as far as the 120 day letter).

Sorry - just realised the example above is not quite the same as your question - my example was specific to switching, rather than 2 at once - must read these things more clearly

Last edited by Bali2010; Sep 8th 2009 at 6:13 am. Reason: not quite right
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bali2010
I was advised (immigration lawyer brief consult) that my role meets the 38 noc list criteria, but also that the PNP route would be quicker - from the experience they have.

Their advice was that PNP is processed much more quickly, and that switching between FSW & PNP can cause confusion in the processing. I did prod them to see if it was not allowed, which they said no, they just didn't recommend it.

In the end, as I don't actually have an offer, I will be going FSW & start looking for work whilst that is being reviewed (assuming it gets as far as the 120 day letter).

Sorry - just realised the example above is not quite the same as your question - my example was specific to switching, rather than 2 at once - must read these things more clearly
Well neither of my applications have made it to Buffalo just yet. I am getting ready to send my PNP nomination to Buffalo though.