Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP federal forms initial acknowledgment

PNP federal forms initial acknowledgment

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:53 am
Just Joined

niamh07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP federal forms initial acknowledgment

Hi - I haven't used a forum before so I'm new to this. We have posted our PNP federal application forms to Buffalo and I was wondering how long they take to initially acknowledge - it's been 4 weeks since we posted it and they haven't cashed the cheque yet - is this normal? Many thanks
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

DearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really nice
Default Re: PNP federal forms initial acknowledgment

Hi there,

We have been waiting 12 weeks at present!

Emma
Old Aug 12th 2010, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: PNP federal forms initial acknowledgment

thanks emma - i'll try to stop checking the online banking everyday - my OH said that someone he was talking to had their cheque cashed 5 weeks after they posted their forms off - and they have to go for their medical 16 weeks after they posted their forms - they posted them 1st week of april - we posted ours 1st week of july so maybe holidays are causing short staffing problems or something
Old Aug 12th 2010, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

DearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really nice

I read somewhere if you send them an email, they send an email back asking you not to contact them for 30 weeks after posting your application!!! That seems pretty insane as it's over 6 months!!!! I have a client ID on my work permit to I am using the trackitt system. I sent in a banker's cheque so I am not sure how I could tell if they cashed it or not. I guess it's just a waiting game!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

anewPR is on a distinguished road

From what I have read on other forums, seems Buffalo is back logged big time.

Many applications are being sent to other regional offices in the USA, to help the work load.

Not sure why this is happening but I suspect it is because LMO's have become harder and harder to get since the recession and so many more people are taking the PNP route, which enables them to apply for PR.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Good news, med requests came yesterday!!!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

It was actually 14 weeks after posting the application to Buffalo, looking at the dates now
Old Aug 15th 2010, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: PNP federal forms initial acknowledgment

nice one emma

thanks for the replies guys

tomorrow we are six weeks from the posting date so maybe we will get to go for our medicals some time around end of october beginning of november - fngers crossed