PNP or FED GOV

Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice
Default PNP or FED GOV

hi

I've been in Winnipeg for 4 months now and we are thinking about our next step. We have been advised by the MB gov that the best visa route for us would be MB PNP.
I have a permanent job and satisfy all the requirements. Does PNP through MB Gov limits us to stay in MB or could move once we get our PR status?

Thanks

Last edited by colin2496; Dec 29th 2009 at 9:40 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 7:55 am
Just Joined

brit_in_cape_breton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP or FED GOV

Originally Posted by colin2496
hi

I've been in Winnipeg for 4 months now and we are thinking about our next step. We have been advised by the MB gov that the best visa route for us would be MB PNP.
I have a permanent job and satisfy all the requirements. Does PNP through MB Gov limits us to stay in MB or could move once we get our PR status?

Thanks
I dont know about MB, but in NS there doesnt seem to be anything to limit you staying in the Province. Once you have PR you are free to move within Canada.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 8:01 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by brit_in_cape_breton
I dont know about MB, but in NS there doesnt seem to be anything to limit you staying in the Province. Once you have PR you are free to move within Canada.
You may wish to read Schedule 4 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...imm0008_4e.pdf As far as I know a province hasn't rescinded a PNP for an applicant who hasn't attempted to settle in the nomination province, but there is always the first one.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 8:19 am
Just Joined

brit_in_cape_breton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You may wish to read Schedule 4 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...imm0008_4e.pdf As far as I know a province hasn't rescinded a PNP for an applicant who hasn't attempted to settle in the nomination province, but there is always the first one.
Thanks for the reply, I did read it before I signed it. It is my intention to stay in the Province which nominated me.

I haven't seen any inter-provincial border guards stopping me, asking me where I was going or why I was going there yet!
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice

Ok thanks guys i'll go through MB PNP it seems to be easier that way.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute

we had to have a meeting with the Nfld provincial government about this, for them to actually accept us as PNP, basically, we just had to convince the goverment lady that we were settled in Nfld, before they would accept us on their program, TBH....I think she just liked to talk to english people, 'I just loooove your accent' type thing, should have only been a 20 minute interview, we were there for 90 minutes!

We did not have to flagpole either, PNP I am led to believe, well, certainbly in Nfld, can get their visa and PR card etc... at their office, saved us a few quid!!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 3:17 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

We went PNP route too, much more personal, you can actually speak to people at the provincial level government to ask any questions re the application process and they will help you out as much as they can. Also very quick, ours took 7 mths total start to finish and to receive the PR visas

Good luck