PNP - credit card charged

Old Jul 10th 2012, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road
Default PNP - credit card charged

I sent in my PR application (Via BC PNP) a month ago and today a charge for $550 to "Immigration Canada" in Syndey NS appeared on my credit card. Is it safe to assume that my application has been judged "complete" and passed on to the visa office for processing?
Old Jul 12th 2012, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP - credit card charged

I would be interested to know the answer to this one as we are in the same situation.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Hey guys.
We are also in similar stage for PR. Our cc got charged on Monday, and yesterday got mail from cic with UCI#. Pasting below few lines from mail. Hope this helps answer your question :-

Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hey guys.
We are also in similar stage for PR. Our cc got charged on Monday, and yesterday got mail from cic with UCI#. Pasting below few lines from mail. Hope this helps answer your question :-

Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.
Our payment was taken 2 weeks ago now. Not recieved any e-mail from CIC though .
Old Jul 13th 2012, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by GC44
Our payment was taken 2 weeks ago now. Not recieved any e-mail from CIC though .
Hi GC.

Your location says SW Manitoba. So I assume that you must have filed application within Canada. Is that correct? If so, I am not sure what the process is.

The CIC website has a page listing all the addresses of Sydney, NS offices for various purposes. They do have an enquiry email address as well. Since you haven't received ICU# & file# yet, your application might still be in CIO. Try sending off an email, & see if that works.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks lovely clouds. Have found the CIC contact number so will try calling on Monday.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks lovely clouds. Have found the CIC contact number so will try calling on Monday.
Hi GC

if you dont mind, pls let me know how it goes with your call. Seems like w'r running on similar timelines with our MPNP & PR.

All the best to you
Old Jul 17th 2012, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

I just called them - the automated service confirms that my application was received but nothing more. When I attempted to speak to someone they just cut me off.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hi GC

if you dont mind, pls let me know how it goes with your call. Seems like w'r running on similar timelines with our MPNP & PR.

All the best to you
I tried calling CIC yesterday, just got an automated service. Today however we came home to an e-mail acknowledging reciept of our application and requesting our medicals . I dare say there is still a long way to go but we are on our way.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

I tried calling CIC yesterday, just got an automated service. Today however we came home to an e-mail acknowledging reciept of our application and requesting our medicals . I dare say there is still a long way to go but we are on our way.
Just had the same thing.

My email quoted an estimated processing time of ten months.