PNP or CEC

Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Calgarian_Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP or CEC

Can anyone kindly tell me which programme route is faster to go through for application to become a permanent resident in Canada?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP or CEC

Well for CEC you need 12 months experience before you can apply.
Depending on circumstances PNP can be applied for straight away rather than waiting for 12 months then applying.
Once application is received they are both usually going to take several months longer to get PR status so which do you think might be quicker?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Ok i see you point. But assuming i have the 12 months requirements to qualify applying through CEC, would you advice i go through PNP or CEC as my aim is to go with the option with fastest processing time?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgarian_Hunter
Ok i see you point. But assuming i have the 12 months requirements to qualify applying through CEC, would you advice i go through PNP or CEC as my aim is to go with the option with fastest processing time?
Do you qualify for the CEC route?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

At the end of the day as long as you can legally stay and work in Canada does it really matter if one route takes 12 months and the other 18 months?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks the information.....
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Which PNP and which stream of it? As each will differ in processing times.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

AINP, ......................skilled worker.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgarian_Hunter
AINP, ......................skilled worker.
Ah, ok. Thought it might be from your username, but your location says Sydney and I wondered if that was Sydney NS!

In which case, personally I'd apply via the AINP, purely because I expect CEC processing times to jump now that they've reduced the qualifying time to 1 year (think of all the IEC peeps that will apply now ), and because you'd then get a TWP at first stage approval. I don't know what kind of work permit you're on, but it may save the hassle or stress of getting close to it running out.

JMO though.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

You have convinced me to go the AINP route...........

thanks for your 2 cents............
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

so it seems the original posters have an answer he is satisfied so i would like ot hijack this thread to ask pretty much the same question....

I work in a skilled trade(carpentry, it is on the blist i am sure) and by the end of the iec i am on just now i will have 11months and 2weeks full time work experience(pretty much 11)... so I am eligible for the 2nd iec and as long as i get that I will meet the cec requirements by the start of april..

so I have heard of this provincial nominee programme(live in bc just now) but it is not so easy to find clear information on how it works(well that i understand)...

i would like to ask if any experts know which is the better idea for me.. i see the cec can take over a year(and it has limited numbers too).. also what are the options for further temporary work permits if the application takes longer than the roughly 10 months i will have left on the iec visa ? 27 just now, i am getting older(not that old) so i dont really want to be jumping country so much just now... if you apply for the cec or pnp and it is taking along time to process can you get some form of temporary work permit whilst it process?

errr I didnt want to start a new trhead so sorry if the original poster was not finished... delete if need be
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by palmerq
so it seems the original posters have an answer he is satisfied so i would like ot hijack this thread to ask pretty much the same question....

I work in a skilled trade(carpentry, it is on the blist i am sure) and by the end of the iec i am on just now i will have 11months and 2weeks full time work experience(pretty much 11)... so I am eligible for the 2nd iec and as long as i get that I will meet the cec requirements by the start of april..

so I have heard of this provincial nominee programme(live in bc just now) but it is not so easy to find clear information on how it works(well that i understand)...

i would like to ask if any experts know which is the better idea for me.. i see the cec can take over a year(and it has limited numbers too).. also what are the options for further temporary work permits if the application takes longer than the roughly 10 months i will have left on the iec visa ? 27 just now, i am getting older(not that old) so i dont really want to be jumping country so much just now... if you apply for the cec or pnp and it is taking along time to process can you get some form of temporary work permit whilst it process?

errr I didnt want to start a new trhead so sorry if the original poster was not finished... delete if need be
The new Federal Skilled Worker Trades stream would also work for you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp