PNP in BC

Old Oct 11th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

jonesyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP in BC

Hello

I am thinking about applying for the PNP in BC through my employer.
I have been working as a F&B server for 2 years in BC. I am currently in the 1st year of a 2yr work permit (1st year of employment with bunac visa). I have a couple of questions,

a)
Now i am wondering about funds, do i still need the $10,000 now i have been here for 2 yrs and will be still employed in the job?

b)
My problem is that i have some debt in canada on a credit card and i also have a student loan in the UK, will that effect my application?

c)
How would i get the process started?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by jonesyp; Oct 11th 2008 at 2:49 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default Re: PNP in BC

Hey Jonesyp,

Sorry I cant answer, just wondered who you were? Where do you work?
I am in whistler atm, just wondering if I know you by another name

Scott
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

jonesyp is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do u work?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

I work in function. how about you
Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:08 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonesyp

c)
How would i get the process started?
http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/provincial...entrylevel.htm

re a): i would assume that you don't need to proof your funds - but since you are applying under the semi-skilled stream, which has a lot of different rules to the skilled occupations (which i used), i can't say that for sure. how about sending bcpnp an e-mail (you'll find the contact info somewhere on the webpage i linked to above.

b): if memory serves me right, there are threads about dept / open student loans and their influence to the pr process around. did you try a search?

good luck.