Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old Dec 3rd 2015, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen
and since I follow a couple of weeks after you in pretty much every milestone we should hear early in the new year! I really really hope so.
:f ingerscrossed:
Old Dec 8th 2015, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eddmac
I submitted my BC PNP application in August 2014 , they "received' it on December 8th 2014. In process on April 29th 2015. Medicals on May 1st 2015 and lastly they requested police cert originals and RFPR fee on Aug 24th 2015. Nothing since, so I'm waiting longer than you buddy lol.

I'm spotting a 4-month cycle in my time line between activity, so I should hopefully hear something before Christmas
Just a thought, but the processing time stated on cic website is 15 months, and I believe the 15 months starts from the day they receive your application. It also says not to call asking them about your application to speed it up etc, but it also says that if your application has taken longer than the processing time stated on website, you can call them and they can look into your application for you. Would it be worth giving cic a call?
Old Dec 8th 2015, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbarrett23
Just a thought, but the processing time stated on cic website is 15 months, and I believe the 15 months starts from the day they receive your application. It also says not to call asking them about your application to speed it up etc, but it also says that if your application has taken longer than the processing time stated on website, you can call them and they can look into your application for you. Would it be worth giving cic a call?
I have tried that in the past and getting a person on the phone is next to impossible. Their email response time is in the region of 45 days, by which time you will probably have an update anyway. To be honest you cant do much other than wait.
Im still within that 15months anyhow - but thanks for thinking about how to help 😊
Old Dec 8th 2015, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

I have tried that in the past and getting a person on the phone is next to impossible. Their email response time is in the region of 45 days, by which time you will probably have an update anyway. To be honest you cant do much other than wait.
Im still within that 15months anyhow - but thanks for thinking about how to help 😊
Between the time you sent your application, and the time they 'received' it, seems very long? my ecas says that they received my application only 3 days after I sent it. But I guess thats CIC, no logic to them
I guess your right, just sit and wait. But every time I get a moment to myself, all I think about is my application, its painful lol
Old Dec 8th 2015, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mbarrett23
Between the time you sent your application, and the time they 'received' it, seems very long? my ecas says that they received my application only 3 days after I sent it. But I guess thats CIC, no logic to them
I guess your right, just sit and wait. But every time I get a moment to myself, all I think about is my application, its painful lol
Yup - me too.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

Me three! It's constantly in the back of my mind. I don't want to book a vacation for next year "just in case we need the money to move back home" it's torture! lol
Old Dec 20th 2015, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Humgarden is an unknown quantity at this point

AINP (Alberta PNP) nomination received about October 10,2014
PR Application received by CIO Sydney October 16, 2014
'Placed in process' email' received March 19,2015
received request for medicals March 24,
Meds done and sent in about April 7, 2015
CIO Sydney requests :copy of passport page,pol. certs.,Medicals,RPRF fee, July 2,
ECAS updated to "you have not yet provided the requested documents" Dec.19,

My ECAS was updated today to look like this (item 4 is new):

Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2014.
2. We started processing your application on March 19, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.
4. We sent you correspondence on December 16, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Only problem is , I never received any communication from them, no email, no letter, so if this is the request for copy of passport and passport photos, I have no way of knowing, and guess I will have to phone the CIC call center and find out what is going on. I never got a decision made email. Most people on this thread speak of being asked for copies of the photo/ID pages of the passport, and for (2) passport photos (I hope that is correct because passport photos are not the same as immigration photos)
Anyway, i have no idea what they requested on the 16th, because I never got the email , (if they even sent one).
To make matters worse , I leave for the States day after tomorrow for 3 weeks.
I knew all along that CIC would pull this very stunt, just I was ready to leave on Christmas holidays, with airfare and rental car booked for 3 weeks.
Old Dec 21st 2015, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Humgarden
AINP (Alberta PNP) nomination received about October 10,2014
PR Application received by CIO Sydney October 16, 2014
'Placed in process' email' received March 19,2015
received request for medicals March 24,
Meds done and sent in about April 7, 2015
CIO Sydney requests :copy of passport page,pol. certs.,Medicals,RPRF fee, July 2,
ECAS updated to "you have not yet provided the requested documents" Dec.19,

My ECAS was updated today to look like this (item 4 is new):

Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2014.
2. We started processing your application on March 19, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.
4. We sent you correspondence on December 16, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Only problem is , I never received any communication from them, no email, no letter, so if this is the request for copy of passport and passport photos, I have no way of knowing, and guess I will have to phone the CIC call center and find out what is going on. I never got a decision made email. Most people on this thread speak of being asked for copies of the photo/ID pages of the passport, and for (2) passport photos (I hope that is correct because passport photos are not the same as immigration photos)
Anyway, i have no idea what they requested on the 16th, because I never got the email , (if they even sent one).
To make matters worse , I leave for the States day after tomorrow for 3 weeks.
I knew all along that CIC would pull this very stunt, just I was ready to leave on Christmas holidays, with airfare and rental car booked for 3 weeks.
I think your best bet, as you have already mentioned, is get on the phone to them asap today. Get it all sorted before you go away.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 8:33 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold

Hi all, I haven't been on for a while, apologies for that. I received the PR cards for me and the family on Nov 25th(something about the 25th with my PR) anyway I just wanted to see how everyone was doing especially you Eddmac, you still waiting then treacle?
Mike
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by desire68
Hi all, I haven't been on for a while, apologies for that. I received the PR cards for me and the family on Nov 25th(something about the 25th with my PR) anyway I just wanted to see how everyone was doing especially you Eddmac, you still waiting then treacle?
Mike
Hi Mike, hope you had a great Xmas.
I tried to not look at this over the holiday so I wouldn't get depressed lol.
Just checked and no change, although I'm around the four months since something last happened, so if my theory is correct I could be hearing something soon, fingers crossed anyway.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

dechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of light

Just checked and no change, although I'm around the four months since something last happened, so if my theory is correct I could be hearing something soon, fingers crossed anyway.
Hey if i remember correctly you did your medical around the same time as me.

I received an email asking for photocopy of my passport on the 22nd of december.

You should not be far away
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dechamp
Hey if i remember correctly you did your medical around the same time as me.

I received an email asking for photocopy of my passport on the 22nd of december.

You should not be far away
That would be nice.
I did my medical in early May, they asked me for original police certs and RPRF at the end of August. Haven't heard anything since.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 9:44 pm
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Eddmac,
I had a great Christmas thanks. Sorry to hear that you haven't had an update for a while. Don't worry though, the best is yet to come. You will be celebrating before you know it. You have had positive forward steps to date and apart from the speed being less than a snails pace, it has been progressing nonetheless.
Trust me when I say, when you get there, this journey won't even matter to you. Chin up Eddmac.
Mike
Old Jan 8th 2016, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yesterday we received an email asking for passport copies and photo's - apparently the last step before the issuing of COPR!!!!!!!!

I'm floating on air at the moment.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

That's FANTASTIC news!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.