Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by lb77
Eddmac, how are you managing to speak to a human?

What options are you selecting, each time I try in just kicks me off without ever giving me the option to speak to an Agent??

My application was received December 16th so we should be pretty close in the queue.
You need to phone them when they are occupied I think. The first time I phoned I got the same run-around by the automated system that you did.
Phone during normal working hours (their time) and I think you can get speaking to someone - not that it was much help to be honest.

Also, if you are going to use their email contact form, make sure you put in your full name, as in your passport, your date of birth and your ref number (which you wont have as they haven't opened your application yet lol)
They will take 30 days minimum to respond to you if you use this method of communication. I forgot my date of birth, so they replied that I needed to add my DOB - and that's another 30 day min wait for the next response - bloody soul destroying I tell you.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

I received my COPR in the mail yesterday and drove to the border and landed as PR. Thanks to everyone on the forum who has helped me out; I'm so happy right now.

FYI: I applied for BC PNP - 16 months in total (PNP nomination and federal)
Old Mar 6th 2015, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Clairina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dominiqueincanada
I received my COPR in the mail yesterday and drove to the border and landed as PR. Thanks to everyone on the forum who has helped me out; I'm so happy right now.

Congratulations Dominique, you must be thrilled. I am so excited to get mine (as I'm not enjoying the job I'm in, but don't want to risk changing jobs).

It's great to read everyone's timelines for PNP and PR as I was worried mine would never get processed!

Nov 2013 - applied for BC PNP
Feb 2014 - received PNP
April 2014 - PR application received
May 2014 - medical requested and done
Jan 2015 - application in process (finally!)

No idea how much longer it will take obviously, but it's so reassuring to hear some success stories!

Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2015, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Clairina
Congratulations Dominique, you must be thrilled. I am so excited to get mine (as I'm not enjoying the job I'm in, but don't want to risk changing jobs).

It's great to read everyone's timelines for PNP and PR as I was worried mine would never get processed!

Nov 2013 - applied for BC PNP
Feb 2014 - received PNP
April 2014 - PR application received
May 2014 - medical requested and done
Jan 2015 - application in process (finally!)

No idea how much longer it will take obviously, but it's so reassuring to hear some success stories!

Thanks
Thanks Clairina Definitely worth the wait! Every application is different but it's a good sign that you're "In process" now.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

vjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vjp300
PNP application sent: July 2013
PNP certificate received: December 2013
PR application received: April 29th 2014
Medicals requested 11 June, medicals done 18 June.

Online status... application received
Checked today and have progressed from 'in progress' to 'decision made' in less than 2 weeks! Yay!

Hopefully will receive something in the mail soon!
Old Mar 9th 2015, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

vjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dominiqueincanada

Congratulations!

How long between obtaining 'decision made' and receiving your COPR?
Old Mar 9th 2015, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vjp300
Congratulations!

How long between obtaining 'decision made' and receiving your COPR?
Thanks vjp300

My full timeline is as follows:

PNP application sent: 26th September 2013
PNP certificate received: 14th January 2014
PR application recieved by CPP-O: 30th February 2014
Medicals requested: 4th March 2014
Medicals completed: 6th March 2014
In process: 5th August 2014
Decision made: 27th January 2015
PPR: 18th February 2015
COPR received: 4th March 2015
Old Mar 15th 2015, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of

well folks ..never thought I would be writing this but we have finally landed !! we got our papers on the 17th of Feb and drove across Rainbow bridge in Niagara on 20th of Feb !! we did it !!

I feel lost now.. no more running to letter box, or stalking forum to see if anyone got theirs before me !!

Happy Happy finally going to leave Parry Sound and move to Ottawa, as soon as I can find a Job.. Phew !
Old Mar 16th 2015, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

spanners is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spanners
Sept 6th 2012 landed as tfw 2 year twp skilled worker
May 2013 2 red seal exams challenged and passed as required by tfw rules
Nov 2013 nomination application for ainp
Jan 2014 nomination certificate
Jan 2014 pr application sent -- received jan 20th
March 2014 med requests
April 2014 meds done
April 2014 additional med for wife
May 2014 rprf requested and paid immediately
July 2014 request for police checks (uk) and further address history to age 18
August 2014 police checks sent with history to 18
Sept 22nd 2014 in process
Feb 13th 2015 passport and picture request and online changed to decision made "ready for visa" email from cpc Ottawa
Feb 27th passport copies and pictures sent in express post
March 16th 2015 request for 2 passport size photos for dependants only, not me. Anyone else had this?
Old Mar 17th 2015, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snowhugs
well folks ..never thought I would be writing this but we have finally landed !! we got our papers on the 17th of Feb and drove across Rainbow bridge in Niagara on 20th of Feb !! we did it !!

I feel lost now.. no more running to letter box, or stalking forum to see if anyone got theirs before me !!

Happy Happy finally going to leave Parry Sound and move to Ottawa, as soon as I can find a Job.. Phew !
Congratulations! Very happy you are through
Old Mar 18th 2015, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Clairina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hooray, mine has changed to "decision made" as well... was my birthday yesterday so it feels like the best gift ever! (Hopefully the decision is made in my favour lol!)

So I'm looking at another couple of months from now until the end of the process - is that right, or does it still vary per applicant, does anyone know?

vjp yours was super quick for decision made! Awesome!
Old Mar 18th 2015, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Clairina
Hooray, mine has changed to "decision made" as well... was my birthday yesterday so it feels like the best gift ever! (Hopefully the decision is made in my favour lol!)

So I'm looking at another couple of months from now until the end of the process - is that right, or does it still vary per applicant, does anyone know?

vjp yours was super quick for decision made! Awesome!
Haha nice birthday present!

Yes it was super quick which makes me slightly nervous that it was a no but I'm hoping not... I think (based on others) that the next stage will come by the end of the month - will post when it does.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Golfnutgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi vjp

Our application changed to decision made on 10 march and we too are still waiting to receive it! Wouldn't think it would take so long to send a blooming email!!
Old Mar 18th 2015, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Golfnutgirl
Hi vjp

Our application changed to decision made on 10 march and we too are still waiting to receive it! Wouldn't think it would take so long to send a blooming email!!
I know hey! From other's reports I'm estimating 3 weeks. Is it definitely an e-mail? That makes me feel better if it is as I moved house this month and am forwarding my mail but would me much happier if things come via e-mail...

Please keep us posted when you do receive something
Old Mar 18th 2015, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Golfnutgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it came today - we are using an immigration lawyer so it went to them - I was told it was going to be an email but from reading it may have been a letter as we were told to take original of copr to border which lawyers are sending by courier! Sorry not clear but I'm assuming it was an actual letter so hopefully yours should be with you soon!!

Eventful day for us - our house sale in montreal was finalized today and now we have pr

Last edited by Golfnutgirl; Mar 18th 2015 at 8:25 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.