Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old Feb 6th 2015, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by Eddmac
I received BC PNP in November, sent my PR application to Sydney NS on 4th Dec, tracking shows it was signed for on 8th December and I have heard nothing since. I emailed them, using the online form at the end of January and still have not heard anything. Can anyone advise me as to a timeframe for hearing from them or receiving a processing number?
Starting to get worried as its two months they have my application and not even an acknowledgement of receiving my forms?

I checked on the CIC website and it says this:
If you mailed your application to CIC, you may wish to use a courier service that requires a signature when delivered, gives you a delivery confirmation and/or allows you to track your package. Please note that there may be a delay between the date CIC physically receives your application and the date it is opened. CIC cannot confirm that your application package has been received until it has been opened in our offices.

How long is it reasonable to expect it to take for them to OPEN my application? They have had it for two months already. My major concern is that it has got lost since it was signed for.
for me it was just a few days short of two months, it was received on july the 8th(2014) got an email and my credit card charged on the 4th of september, I would guess they have slowed down since then but that would just be a guess
Old Feb 6th 2015, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I feel less panicky now, but no less disappointed lol
Old Feb 7th 2015, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of

]How long is it reasonable to expect it to take for them to OPEN my application? They have had it for two months already. My major concern is that it has got lost since it was signed for.
we were in" application received" for 10 months !! before then i was totally convinced everything was lost...because everything takes soooo long its a normal reaction..sit tight you will get used to it..

I always find myself saying ...well if we have this by then and so on...it NEVER works..we have waited months /years throughout this entire process!
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

dechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of light

I received BC PNP in November, sent my PR application to Sydney NS on 4th Dec, tracking shows it was signed for on 8th December and I have heard nothing since. I emailed them, using the online form at the end of January and still have not heard anything. Can anyone advise me as to a timeframe for hearing from them or receiving a processing number?
Starting to get worried as its two months they have my application and not even an acknowledgement of receiving my forms?

I checked on the CIC website and it says this:
If you mailed your application to CIC, you may wish to use a courier service that requires a signature when delivered, gives you a delivery confirmation and/or allows you to track your package. Please note that there may be a delay between the date CIC physically receives your application and the date it is opened. CIC cannot confirm that your application package has been received until it has been opened in our offices.

How long is it reasonable to expect it to take for them to OPEN my application? They have had it for two months already. My major concern is that it has got lost since it was signed for.
I sent mine the middle of Nov last year and i am still waiting
Old Feb 9th 2015, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dechamp
I sent mine the middle of Nov last year and i am still waiting
Oh, that's not so good. Did you get proof of delivery?

I suppose a concern of mine is that I don't get acknowledgement prior to expiration of my work permit, I have up until sept 2016, so should be ok, but you never know!
Old Feb 10th 2015, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

dechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of lightdechamp is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, that's not so good. Did you get proof of delivery?

I suppose a concern of mine is that I don't get acknowledgement prior to expiration of my work permit, I have up until sept 2016, so should be ok, but you never know!

I paid a immigration consultant to do everything for me spoke to her the other day and she said she has a few clients sent at the same time and we are all still waiting.

It seems like there is a big back log
Old Feb 12th 2015, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

lb77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my application to Sydney, signed for 16th Dec.
Heard nothing, rang CIC to enquire and was told to allow 70 days, then call to chase it up.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lb77
I sent my application to Sydney, signed for 16th Dec.
Heard nothing, rang CIC to enquire and was told to allow 70 days, then call to chase it up.
thanks for that. I guess im pretty near that timeframe. Hope i hear soon to calm my frayed nerves lol
Old Feb 16th 2015, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of

Am delighted to report we now have ...decision made

I am of course hoping this is a good sign, which I believe former lancastrian said in an earlier post... now I guess we talking "weeks" for the final leg ??:
Old Feb 16th 2015, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowhugs
Am delighted to report we now have ...decision made

I am of course hoping this is a good sign, which I believe former lancastrian said in an earlier post... now I guess we talking "weeks" for the final leg ??:
Congrats!
When did your application start being processed?
Old Feb 16th 2015, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

After almost 6 months in "In Process" I got decision made on 27th January and PPR on Friday; so excited that the wait is almost over. Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement so far.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congrats
Old Feb 17th 2015, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

My PNP PR application has now been received over 70 days ago, so I phoned the CIO today. They told me that it can take longer than this, but they did confirm that my name was actually in the system, so they had received my package, but they have not yet opened it.
So the wait continues
Old Feb 17th 2015, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dominiqueincanada
After almost 6 months in "In Process" I got decision made on 27th January and PPR on Friday; so excited that the wait is almost over. Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement so far.
Congrats!

I like this timeline better as it sounds more like mine lol
I've been in process since September, I hope it turns to decision made asap
Old Feb 17th 2015, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hindsight
Congrats!

I like this timeline better as it sounds more like mine lol
I've been in process since September, I hope it turns to decision made asap
I was worried that it was taking too long "In Process" but it all turned out okay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.