Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old Feb 16th 2016, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Received a request for copies of our passports, 2 photos and a self addressed envelope last week. Hopefully this is it? Maybe will get something in mail soon?
Old Feb 16th 2016, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbarrett23
Received a request for copies of our passports, 2 photos and a self addressed envelope last week. Hopefully this is it? Maybe will get something in mail soon?
Thats the final step buddy. You should get your copr in a week or two after they receive your package!
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eddmac
Thats the final step buddy. You should get your copr in a week or two after they receive your package!
Great! They received the package on Friday 5th so any time now
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sick of the waiting process. It's driving me bonkers! Although, my husband said something over the weekend about why it's likely to be taking a bit longer. he was in the navy when he was 20 (only for 6 months as he damaged his knee during training and was medically discharged) so they'll be taking the extra time to check out his affiliations as he was in the military - again all total guess work lol
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen
I'm so sick of the waiting process. It's driving me bonkers! Although, my husband said something over the weekend about why it's likely to be taking a bit longer. he was in the navy when he was 20 (only for 6 months as he damaged his knee during training and was medically discharged) so they'll be taking the extra time to check out his affiliations as he was in the military - again all total guess work lol
You sound like me and my wife, guessing why it's taking time without any idea lol
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbarrett23
You sound like me and my wife, guessing why it's taking time without any idea lol
Seriously you can't help it lol its torture!
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Seriously you can't help it lol its torture!
I feel your pain, I went through a stage of thinking about it all day, everyday. Then I forgot all about it as I was to occupied with work. A couple of weeks after I forgot about it, we received this email requesting copies of our passports. This is CIC, so until I get that COPR in my hand, I won't hold my breathe.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Youre not far behind me on the timeline - hang in there its on its way!
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

muners is an unknown quantity at this point

I was advised by the Sask Nomination to apply via this method at N.S. I am not sure whether to be regretting it or not. EE surely would have been quicker??
I received an email confirming a full application including payment on Dec 21st last year so in theory am now waiting for the medical requests for my family.
My work permit expires in Sept of this year. I somehow don't think that everything will go through before that runs out..... The timelines that people are putting up do not fill me with any confidence.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muners
I was advised by the Sask Nomination to apply via this method at N.S. I am not sure whether to be regretting it or not. EE surely would have been quicker??
I received an email confirming a full application including payment on Dec 21st last year so in theory am now waiting for the medical requests for my family.
My work permit expires in Sept of this year. I somehow don't think that everything will go through before that runs out..... The timelines that people are putting up do not fill me with any confidence.
You may not have been able to apply via EE - depending on when you got your nomination and the route used etc, so it's possible that this was your only option.

But yes, EE would have been much quicker and I don't think you'll get PR before your work permit runs out if you only applied towards the end of last year personally. Looks like it's a BOWP!

Good luck, hope you here soon.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

That's what I thought, bugger.

I can not get a BOWP due to the fact that CIC have two years to process my PR application ( I spoke to CIC this afternoon) which in theory means that company will have to apply to extend me permit. At a time of downsizing too.
Hey Ho.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I can not get a BOWP due to the fact that CIC have two years to process my PR application
Eh?!?

( I spoke to CIC this afternoon)
Ah. No, I suspect you spoke to the notorious CIC misinformation line staffed by call handlers with no immigration knowledge - hence the peculiar info they've given you above!

which in theory means that company will have to apply to extend me permit. At a time of downsizing too.
Hey Ho.
Nope. As long as you have received an AOR for your PR app, and your TWP has less than 4 months less to run, you can apply for a BOWP. As the name implies, this is an open work permit and has nothing to do with the company you currently work for. Extend your work permit – Economic class applicants

HTH.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Eh?!?

Ah. No, I suspect you spoke to the notorious CIC misinformation line staffed by call handlers with no immigration knowledge - hence the peculiar info they've given you above!

Nope. As long as you have received an AOR for your PR app, and your TWP has less than 4 months less to run, you can apply for a BOWP. As the name implies, this is an open work permit and has nothing to do with the company you currently work for. Extend your work permit – Economic class applicants

HTH.

Hence me writing on here, this is the very best place to get information and no B.S. My wife and I are driving down to north portal tomorrow to get her visa changed, I spoke to CBSA guys on the phone and they are happy to change her visa from visitors tied to mine to an open work permit tied to mine, which is fine. The BOWP is what I was hoping for to be honest but the CIC just managed to put me on a downer. So if I wait until May time and then apply for a BOWP that would work great for me. Does that make sense??
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hence me writing on here, this is the very best place to get information and no B.S. My wife and I are driving down to north portal tomorrow to get her visa changed, I spoke to CBSA guys on the phone and they are happy to change her visa from visitors tied to mine to an open work permit tied to mine, which is fine. The BOWP is what I was hoping for to be honest but the CIC just managed to put me on a downer. So if I wait until May time and then apply for a BOWP that would work great for me. Does that make sense??
Yes, that makes absolute sense, and applying for a BOWP is what I'd do - ignore what you were told today about the 2 year thing, that's not correct! You can check your eligibility on the link I gave you, hopefully you meet the criteria.

As for the SOWP, as long as your wife definitely qualifies for an open work permit then thats fine too. For some reason I thought you were a trucker (so she wouldn't), but I'm sure that's wrong and I've just got you mixed up with somebody else!
Old Mar 7th 2016, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

No I am not a trucker, I am a millwright.
The cbsa guys were very helpful and also suggested that we complain about the initial visa given to my wife at her point of entry (Calgary) which I wont do as I do not want to rock the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.