Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old May 14th 2015, 7:19 am
Just Joined

sp4rkswillfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by sp4rkswillfly
From within Canada application (Ottawa processing)

Submitted bc pnp: Nov 2013
Received nomination: Feb 2014
Submitted to CIO Sidney: Mar 2014
Received & medical requested: Apr 2014
Submitted medical: Apr 2014
RPRF requested & paid: May 2014

I've yet to hear anything new. ECAS is saying 'application received'
Decision made & being finalized: May 2015

A couple of days ago I received an email from Ottawa saying my application was being finalized and the COPR documents are to be posted by the end of the week.

For anyone that may be stressing about not hearing anything, or their ECAS not showing progress, don't worry. I heard nothing, along with my ECAS stagnant at 'application received' for over a year. When I received the email from Ottawa I checked my ECAS and it had progressed to 'application in process' & decision made: May-2015.

Last edited by sp4rkswillfly; May 14th 2015 at 7:52 am. Reason: G
Old May 14th 2015, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of days ago I received an email from Ottawa saying my application was being finalized and the COPR documents are to be posted by the end of the week.

For anyone that may be stressing about not hearing anything, or their ECAS not showing progress, don't worry. I heard nothing, along with my ECAS stagnant at 'application received' for over a year. When I received the email from Ottawa I checked my ECAS and it had progressed to 'application in process' & decision made: May-2015.

Thanks, it's good to be reassured of this. Ours is still just showing application received from August last year, despite having done medicals in November. It's so frustrating.
Old May 14th 2015, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scotdownunder

Thanks, it's good to be reassured of this. Ours is still just showing application received from August last year, despite having done medicals in November. It's so frustrating.
you are on the same timeline as me! n_n
Old May 16th 2015, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by agmaa
If the medical went ok, so congratulations Palmerg, usually with in a month you will get passport request, usually faster.

Regards,

A
I got the passport request email today, which is nice, now I have to send them in 2 pictures and a copy of the passport, hopefully everything will be sorted soon.
Old May 17th 2015, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, just a quick question for those who have recently applied for PR via PNP (or those who are planning to)

I could swear that I've read somewhere (no idea where, can't find it) that you need to provide CIC with reference letters from all your employers from the past 10 years. Now when I've searched I find the check list that says you need to provide all the details of employment, but doesn't mention reference letters, please can someone clarify

Thank you kindly
Old May 17th 2015, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

agmaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations my friend ...

Originally Posted by palmerq
I got the passport request email today, which is nice, now I have to send them in 2 pictures and a copy of the passport, hopefully everything will be sorted soon.
Old May 19th 2015, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amy1807
Hi all, just a quick question for those who have recently applied for PR via PNP (or those who are planning to)

I could swear that I've read somewhere (no idea where, can't find it) that you need to provide CIC with reference letters from all your employers from the past 10 years. Now when I've searched I find the check list that says you need to provide all the details of employment, but doesn't mention reference letters, please can someone clarify

Thank you kindly
Hello
Reference letters aren't required. Just the details of your employment history which you would submit on the application form.

This was true as of 1 year ago when I submitted. Whether there is a change or not I don't know
Old May 21st 2015, 2:40 am
Just Joined

From within Canada application (Ottawa processing)

Submitted bc pnp: Nov 2013
Received nomination: Feb 2014
Submitted to CIO Sydney: Mar 2014
Received & medical requested: Apr 2014
Submitted medical: Apr 2014
RPRF requested & paid: May 2014
COPR received, flagpoled and PR in hand: May 2015

Good luck everyone. Stay positive, be patient
Old May 21st 2015, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
Reference letters aren't required. Just the details of your employment history which you would submit on the application form.

This was true as of 1 year ago when I submitted. Whether there is a change or not I don't know
That's great thanks
Old May 25th 2015, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

Pre-screen submitted to Opportunities Ontario for PNP- Sept 2013
Positive pre-screen March 2014
Application for PNP sent from the UK 14/03/14
Received 24/03/14
Marriage cert req 15/05/14
P60'S and P45's requested for 4 years 25/07/14
Positive decision 04/08/14
Landed 07/09/2014
PR app sent 20/01/15 (tracking shows received 22/01/15
AOR 15/04/15
Medicals requested 23/05/15 (booked in for 8th June)

Whats to bet we'll have to wait a year or more after submitting the medicals now (even though I know that's a "normal" timescale)

Last edited by Bella Cullen; May 25th 2015 at 3:41 pm. Reason: typo
Old May 25th 2015, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen
Pre-screen submitted to Opportunities Ontario for PNP- Sept 2013
Positive pre-screen March 2014
Application for PNP sent from the UK 14/03/14
Received 24/03/14
Marriage cert req 15/05/14
P60'S and P45's requested for 4 years 25/07/14
Positive decision 04/08/14
Landed 07/09/2014
PR app sent 20/01/15 (tracking shows received 22/01/15
AOR 15/04/15
Medicals requested 23/05/15 (booked in for 8th June)

Whats to bet we'll have to wait a year or more after submitting the medicals now (even though I know that's a "normal" timescale)
Lets hope they are trying to "clear the decks" eh?

When I booked and completed my medical a few weeks ago, the lady there told me that there was a very large rush of these being put through and that she was told that cic were trying to clear out all of the applicants on the old system. I certainly hope she was correct!
Old May 25th 2015, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

We can but dream! I really hope so! incidentally I was surprised at how cheap the medicals are. We're only paying $225 for each adult and $120 for the kids. I really hope they are having a push. I'd be delighted if we could get our PR sooner!
Old May 25th 2015, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen
We can but dream! I really hope so! incidentally I was surprised at how cheap the medicals are. We're only paying $225 for each adult and $120 for the kids. I really hope they are having a push. I'd be delighted if we could get our PR sooner!
That's about the same as what I paid - When you consider how long you were there, it's not exactly cheap lol. There's a lot of us that have completed medicals recently - let's hope it's true for all of us
Old May 25th 2015, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

to say it includes a chest xray and blood work I don't think it's too bad. I do think though I'm getting used to everything costing a bomb here lol
Old May 27th 2015, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

So, on another forum (sorry) I have seen people mention "ecas being turned on" I still can't access anything on ecas, yet I have been requested and completed my medicals. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I have tried my file number, my wifes and my sons, I have tried my UCI, my file number and even my receipt number. I have tried both Northern Ireland and United Kingdom as my place of birth, but still can't get in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.