PMM or other experts

Old Jun 5th 2005, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

otarusnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PMM or other experts

Hi,

I was told that I need to show either PR card or Record of Landing ( IMM 1000) as the primary document when getting the BC drivers license in Vancouver. A copy of COPR is not accepted.

Does anybody know the link or how to go about getting the Record of Landing form? I lost my PR card and will be getting the replacement for it which takes around 45 days, and thus I will have to use the Record of Landing at the moment.

Thanks.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 4:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PMM or other experts

Hi

Originally Posted by otarusnow
Hi,

I was told that I need to show either PR card or Record of Landing ( IMM 1000) as the primary document when getting the BC drivers license in Vancouver. A copy of COPR is not accepted.

Does anybody know the link or how to go about getting the Record of Landing form? I lost my PR card and will be getting the replacement for it which takes around 45 days, and thus I will have to use the Record of Landing at the moment.

Thanks.
Here you go, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica....html#wp295125

but is going to take about 30 days. Maybe if you went to the CIC office at 1148 Hornby, they may process the 5545.

PMM
Old Jun 5th 2005, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks PMM but the website states that it may take 8 or 12 weeks which I don't think would be a better alternative for me.

According to ICBC website, they also accept birth certificate as primary document. Can I use this even though I am a landed immgrant?

Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:12 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by otarusnow
Thanks PMM but the website states that it may take 8 or 12 weeks which I don't think would be a better alternative for me.

According to ICBC website, they also accept birth certificate as primary document. Can I use this even though I am a landed immgrant?

Thanks
I dont think so becuz ur birth certificate would not be of canada! u need a canadian birth certificate for that purpose.. I am looking forward to getting a licence too but cant do anything until I recieve my PR card.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

It was stated that on the ICBC's website that a landed immigrant can only use their US driver's license for 90 days in Canada. What will happen if one uses it for more than 90 days? Can they use that US driver's license after 90 days for car registration when purchasing a new car and car insurance in Vancouver?
What about renting a car?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Subj is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this rule about the PRC precondition for obtaining a driver's license specific to B.C. ? I was planning to swap my German license for an Ontario one a few days after arriving.

Thanks a lot for the reply
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Since Amancharan is located in Quebec and I in BC, I think Ontario may have the same regulation.

Originally Posted by Subj
Is this rule about the PRC precondition for obtaining a driver's license specific to B.C. ? I was planning to swap my German license for an Ontario one a few days after arriving.

Thanks a lot for the reply