Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Plsss..HELP, need advise, husband will be moving...

Plsss..HELP, need advise, husband will be moving...

Old Nov 26th 2009, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

ladymarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Plsss..HELP, need advise, husband will be moving...

Hi to everyone on this forum,

I just find this forum site within this month of November and I've been reading a lot but I can't find any thread that can give me any idea on my situation.My husband I have been living together since Oct. of 2007 and finally got married last July of 2009.Now, we gathered lots of evidence for applying Spousal sponsorship and filled it and about to send it by next week and I gonna have my medical be done tomorrow.

Here are my worries occured when my husband company declared that they want him to move in Calgary on February next year.I'm under the live in-caregiver still, and I'll be finishing my 24months this coming January 2010 but my working permit status is untill July of 2010.Do you think I can move with him in Calgary and just find a live-in job there as well? And can I include my application for an open work permit with our Sponsorship Application or mail it seperately? And one last question, can I apply for an EI while the application is ongoing?

Help me pls...for I can't figure it out if I can or not to quit the job and move or not with my husband
Thanks a lot.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Is there anyone had experienced like my situation now, or anyone have an idea or advise? I really appreciate it.Thanks.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

brummi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Plsss..HELP, need advise, husband will be moving...

Hi ladymarie. You need to tell us what status you and your husband have in Canada. I'm sure you will get some good advice here.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Plsss..HELP, need advise, husband will be moving...

Hi Brummi,thanks for asking that.Maybe thats why I can't get any feedback.
Actually, my husband is a canadian from New Brunswick.I have a working permit under the live-in caregiver and currently working here in Vancouver and my husband is working here in Van. as well. My husband is sponsoring me as a spouse although I know that I can also apply PR under live-in caregiver after finishing my 24 months and I'll be 24 months this coming January.After our wedding we gathered every single documents needed for the sponsoring spouse so why not we just go on it, insted of waiting for me untill I finish my required 24 months and apply PR under the live-in program,right?And now, suddenly, they want him to move to Calgary.We don't want to be far from each other

I just want to get a second opinion because a friend told me that I will be ok if I will move with him because eventhough I will leave my employer right now and she declare to the immigration that I'm not longer working for her is I still have my status,its just my employment is cut-off but my status is still ok because I have my working permit untill July.By that time she said I can already receive my OWP if I will include my application for extend or change condition or remain to canada with our spousal application.And as soon as we get to Calgary I will just find a job and apply for a new employer so that I can extend my status longer than July.Is this right? Any second or third opinion everyone?...pls...Just don't know what to do, I want that if we will make a decision we make sure that its the right one.Thank you everyone.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

I would think your best bet is to apply for PR via the spousal route with your husband as sponsor.

From my experience... I was on a fixed term work permit and I lost my job in January as the company folded. I told an officer at immigration and he said that because my work permit expires in 2011 I can legally stay in Canada. If I wanted to work I would have had to find an employer with a LMO. However, someone else told me I should have received a 30 day notice to leave Canada! Hopefully one of the experts on the forum can advise you what happens if you leave your job.

My OH has sponsored me, it was very quick, less than 3 months to get PR.

Best of luck
Old Nov 28th 2009, 6:27 am
Just Joined

danniimazz is an unknown quantity at this point

"My OH has sponsored me, it was very quick, less than 3 months to get PR."

Hi Brummi,

I was just wondering if you applied from inside Canada or outside? 3 months seems very quick

Dannii
Old Nov 28th 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Outside Canada, application was processed in London UK. It took 67 days from the date Mississaugua received everything to the date I got the email saying ny file was ready for visa issuance. Super quick
Old Nov 28th 2009, 6:44 am
Just Joined

danniimazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Plsss..HELP, need advise, husband will be moving...

Congratulations! I should have done the outland route, I just didn't want to chance being called for an interview or something!

When I get AIP can I get OHIP straight away, or do I have to wait for 3 months? We want a baby soon

You must be very pleased now it's all over and done with

Dannii
Old Nov 28th 2009, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Wow!! Congrats brummi that is very quick one that I've ever heard or read in many forums that I searched. You mean to say you can do an outland application eventhough you are in Canada?Where did you get your visa?Is it in Canada or in UK? How about if they call you for an interview,do you have to go home? or you can do it here in Canada as well?
Sorry for asking to many questions for we are just on the first step and I know that as we send our applications we don't know how long we'll gonna wait,hopefully not years
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Applying outland is faster. You can do this even if you are living in Canada. The visa was mailed to my address here in Canada. The only down side is that if you are called for an interview you have to go back to your home country.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladymarie
Wow!! Congrats brummi that is very quick one that I've ever heard or read in many forums that I searched. You mean to say you can do an outland application eventhough you are in Canada?Where did you get your visa?Is it in Canada or in UK? How about if they call you for an interview,do you have to go home? or you can do it here in Canada as well?
Sorry for asking to many questions for we are just on the first step and I know that as we send our applications we don't know how long we'll gonna wait,hopefully not years
This Wiki article may help answer those questions - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada

The Wiki is on the blue bar at the top of the page and has loads of useful info in.

Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:05 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK, if you are in canada an apply outland and you are a Brit then you'd be applying to CHC London (UK), and if an interview is called for, it's at the office you apply to, so that's London.

This is one of the reasons why I applied inland rather than outland, as if an interview had come up then I'd need to fly myself and possibly my sponsor back to the UK, and possibly at short notice (anyone happen to know what kind of notice CHC London would give? A month or two?) and as we all know, getting cheap filghts at short notice isn't always easy, plus there is taking time of work as well. In other words, it's an inconvenience I could do without, hence inland. In the end it took about eight months from submittal to being landed (reminds me, must add my timeline to my sig)
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Plsss..HELP, need advise, husband will be moving...

Thanks for the article you've given christmasoompa, now i understand that outland is faster than inland, but I think only in UK have the fastest processing that I've always read in many thread.I can do outland too, but its hard for me to deal in the canadian immigration in the Philippines because I've been piss-off of what happen to my Mom that we applied her for a visitor visa and they refused her 3 times before our wedding eventhough we got some MP's letter that we promised to let her go home after the wedding. The ottawa immigration say's, she has a very strong ties here in Canada. Not reasonable at all.

We will try to do it inland even we know that it's gonna be a long road of waiting.

Is there anyone had experienced married to a canadian and he/she is in Canada and applied outland (Philippines)? How many months to wait for PR visa to be approved. Share your experience plsss...thanks