Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PLEEEESE HELP!!!Manitoba PNP Query

PLEEEESE HELP!!!Manitoba PNP Query

Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:12 am
Just Joined

chris and tina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLEEEESE HELP!!!Manitoba PNP Query

I have been poking around the site with interest for some time,but thought I would be brave and post a thread cause I am all confused.My husband has been approved as a provincial nominee and will be working for Big Freight Systems Inc in Steinbach,Manitoba.We were under the impression that we could go to Canada on my husbands work permit(with study permits for the kiddiwinks)and apply for residency shortly after we arrive.We visited the Canadian Embassy in London yesterday and were told that we must apply for PR before we go,but we can go to Canada while it is being processed.My husband has applied for his work permit and we are not sure what to do cause the recruitment manager at Big Freight has told my husband that he can apply for PR when he is in Canada(or maybe he has misunderstood).Our budget is limited as most of our funds are in our property and we(probably stupidly) haven't taken this into account.Could anyone advise whether we could apply for PR after we are in Canada or will we be in trouble if we dont do it before we go.

We would love to know if there are other people out there who are moving to Steinbach from the UK.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:20 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PLEEEESE HELP!!!Manitoba PNP Query

You likely asked wrong questions and confused answers you heard. The proper answer should be - you cannot apply for PR visa in Canada, you must submit it to proper visa post outside Canada. But you may be at that time in Canada.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and tina
I have been poking around the site with interest for some time,but thought I would be brave and post a thread cause I am all confused.My husband has been approved as a provincial nominee and will be working for Big Freight Systems Inc in Steinbach,Manitoba.We were under the impression that we could go to Canada on my husbands work permit(with study permits for the kiddiwinks)and apply for residency shortly after we arrive.We visited the Canadian Embassy in London yesterday and were told that we must apply for PR before we go,but we can go to Canada while it is being processed.My husband has applied for his work permit and we are not sure what to do cause the recruitment manager at Big Freight has told my husband that he can apply for PR when he is in Canada(or maybe he has misunderstood).Our budget is limited as most of our funds are in our property and we(probably stupidly) haven't taken this into account.Could anyone advise whether we could apply for PR after we are in Canada or will we be in trouble if we dont do it before we go.

We would love to know if there are other people out there who are moving to Steinbach from the UK.
Steinbach's nice - was there a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

tobapaul is an unknown quantity at this point

we came over on a wp & applied for pr from here. all the paperwork was sent to be processed outside of canada (buffalo, new york).
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Wink Re: PLEEEESE HELP!!!Manitoba PNP Query

Many thanx to andrew,trishb and tobapaul for the replies.
Tobapaul,were you on the nominee programme?

Thanx
xxx
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

tobapaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris and tina
Many thanx to andrew,trishb and tobapaul for the replies.
Tobapaul,were you on the nominee programme?

Thanx
xxx
yes, my wife was a provncial nominee
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tobapaul
yes, my wife was a provncial nominee
Sorry to be a bit late,but many thanx tobapaul.

tina