Please Suggest

Old Sep 8th 2010, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

KAZMEMON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Suggest

Hi,

I am waiting for my medicals but facing a time against it as my Passport is getting expired by 15 of Sep''10. Kindly suggest should i renew my passport or wait for the High Commission to instruct for the same.

It will take around 30 days to renew the passport and i am afraid what if i get the medical call in between.

Need your experience on this

Thanks
Old Sep 8th 2010, 5:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Suggest

You don't necessarily have to have your passport for the medical examination.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resour...section-11.asp (section 11:2)

The DMP must confirm the identity of the applicant using a government-issued photo-identity document such as a passport or national identity card.

When a passport is not available, only an original national identity document incorporating a photograph, full name, date of birth and signature can be substituted. The national identity card should have been issued within the last 10 years. Photocopies (certified or not certified) of passports or national identity documents are not acceptable.

If it is possible to get expedited processing for renewal of your passport (which is normally available for a fee) I would suggest renewing your passport now. You will need to send in a valid passport when the request comes and you would not want a delay then!

edit: here is the link to the passport office for Pakistan - you may be able to obtain one at an embassy or consulate http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Offices.html if you are not in Pakistan at the moment. http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Passport.html

".... Policy
Machine Readable Passport System is replacing the existing manual system. Every Citizen of Pakistan will have the relevant passport for traveling abroad.

Process
The applicant will go through the following stages at Regional Passport Office (RPO) in order to get the Machine Readalbe Passport (MRP): read more...

Arrival of Applicant at Customer Service Counter.
Token Counter.
Biometric Data Capture.
Photograph Capture.
Data Entry.
Verification as per Office Record.
Interview and Decision by Assistant Director.
Collection of Passport.

.... from the "more" section... http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Process.html

Step 8 - Collection of Passport
After successful completion of above stages, the Applicant will be given:-
12 days time to collect his/her passport; in case of normal passport.
05 days time to collect his/her passport; incase of urgent passport.

http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Ordinary%20Passport.html for fees and directions on how to apply.

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 8th 2010 at 5:39 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

KAZMEMON is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by siouxie
You don't necessarily have to have your passport for the medical examination.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resour...section-11.asp (section 11:2)

The DMP must confirm the identity of the applicant using a government-issued photo-identity document such as a passport or national identity card.

When a passport is not available, only an original national identity document incorporating a photograph, full name, date of birth and signature can be substituted. The national identity card should have been issued within the last 10 years. Photocopies (certified or not certified) of passports or national identity documents are not acceptable.

If it is possible to get expedited processing for renewal of your passport (which is normally available for a fee) I would suggest renewing your passport now. You will need to send in a valid passport when the request comes and you would not want a delay then!
Thanks for key information with noticeable links

So You suggest i should start my Passport renew process right away
Old Sep 8th 2010, 6:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You are most welcome.

As you can obtain your new passport in 12 days (standard) or 5 days (expedited) from the time you attend the offices to make the application, I would strongly suggest getting it done straight away. You have to follow the steps as stated on the website including ensuring you have the paperwork required and payment (up front) of the fees before attending the office.

When you get the request for medicals you are given (normally) 60 days to get it done and have the results sent in.... you have plenty of time.

You will need your new passport to have the COPR visa put in anyway ... better not to have to wait for your passport then