Please Mr. Miller ....

Old Dec 13th 2002, 12:23 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 78
thekingofmemphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Mr. Miller ....

I have applied for Skilled worker Category. Interview has been waived. Medical done. Supporting documents sent. Waiting for letter to send passport. Which I think will come in two months time.

I have been offered job here in the US. I am on F1 (student visa) visa now. That means I will be either in Optional Practical Training or on H1 visa if I accept the job.

If I accept the job and work for sometime, I would make a good amount of money which will help me to buy a house in Canada.

The problem is if I sign the contract, it will be for one year. But I will not be able to complete the contract period if I need to enter Canada within one year from the date of medical test and if my H1 is cancelled for the reason that I accept the permanent residency of Canada.

As I heard in this forum that the Canadian immigration officer informs INS and INS cancels the H1 visa.

I am in need to stay here for at least one year more to finish my thesis too. The work I am going to accept is directly relevant to my thesis work.

My problem is:

a. I pretty much hope that I can come back to finish the thesis if I maintain my F1 status. But I want to accept the job: it pays money and speeds up the research work.

B. If I accept H1, I fear my H1 will be cancelled at the time of entry to Canada, I will not be able to be up to the contract.

Please suggest me. I do not want to lose Canadian permanent residency. But I want to make some money while working on my thesis here.

Last edited by thekingofmemphi; Dec 13th 2002 at 12:25 am.
thekingofmemphi is offline  
Old Dec 13th 2002, 1:51 am
  #2  
Andrew Miller
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Please Mr. Miller ....

Don't be offended here but it looks like your timing is off - you shouldn't
apply for Canadian visa at all until you are ready to make a commitment and
move here. But you applied for Canadian papers as insurance as majority of
those on temporary visas in US dreaming of becoming Americans are doing -
now Canadian papers are coming in and you don't need them yet, still hoping
to reach your "American dream", but because you still have no guarantees
that you'll get what you want in US you want to keep your Canadian insurance
alive. Sorry, can't help you with decision here..., you are the one to
decide and live with the consequences...

--

../..

Andrew Miller
Immigration Consultant
Vancouver, British Columbia
email: [email protected]
(delete REMOVE from the above address before sending email)

For confidential phone consultation go here:

http://members.yahoo.liveadvice.com/andrewmiller_canada
________________________________


"thekingofmemphi" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I have applied for Skilled worker Category. Interview has been waived.
    > Medical done. Supporting documents sent. Waiting for letter to send
    > passport. Which I think will come in two months time.
    > I have been offered job here in the US. I am on F1 (student visa) visa
    > now. That means I will be either in Optional Practical Training or on H1
    > visa if I accept the job.
    > If I accept the job and work for sometime, I would make a good amount of
    > money which will help me to buy a house in Canada.
    > The problem is if I sign the contract, it will be for one year. But
    > I will not be able to complete the contract period if I need to
    > enter Canada within one year from the date of medical test and if my
    > H1 is cancelled for the reason that I accept the permanent residency
    > of Canada.
    > As I heard in this forum that the Canadian immigration officer informs
    > INS and INS cancels the H1 visa.
    > I am in need to stay here for at least one year more to finish my
    > thesis too. The work I am going to accept is directly relevant to my
    > thesis work.
    > My problem is:
    > a. I pretty much hope that I can come back to finish the thesis if I
    > maintain my F1 status. But I want to accept the job: it pays money
    > and speeds up the research work.
    > B. If I accept H1, I fear my H1 will be cancelled at the time of entry
    > to Canada, I will not be able to be up to the contract.
    > Please suggest me. I do not want to lose Canadian permanent residency.
    > But I want to make some money while working on my thesis here.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
 
Old Dec 13th 2002, 3:45 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 78
thekingofmemphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please Mr. Miller ....

Mr. Miller,

Sorry for the wrong impression. I'll let you know as soon as I land in Canada for good.

Last edited by thekingofmemphi; Dec 13th 2002 at 3:53 am.
thekingofmemphi is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.