Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please hlp, anyone has information abt interview

Wikiposts

Please hlp, anyone has information abt interview

Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

yesabc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please hlp, anyone has information abt interview

Hi
I applied as common-law partner few months ago, I got a blue card from CHC London with my file No.
I have been told by phone that i have interview this month (March) but they did not ask my partner to come although we are living together (outside Canada).
my questions:
does BLUE CARD mean a certain classification?
Is it better to take my partner with me to attend interview or that will come againest us?

Please consider this as a help to anyone will have interview, so I ask everyone not to hisitate to let us know any information about interview and how to pass it.
thank you
I appriciate it.

Last edited by yesabc; Feb 27th 2005 at 1:16 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:34 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please hlp, anyone has information abt interview

Interview in spousal/common-law sponsorship cases is usually required only if bona fide of relationship is in doubt and you will be grilled about it. It will be very case specific and nobody can tell you what you will be asked as only you know what your relationship's circumstances are and how inconclusive evidence (yes, the doubts are there most of the time due to inconclusive evidence) you have provided.

Originally Posted by yesabc

Hi
I applied as common-law partner few months ago, I got a blue card from CHC London with my file No.
I have been told by phone that i have interview this month (March) but they did not ask my partner to come although we are living together (outside Canada).
my questions:
Is it better to take my partner with me to attend interview or that will come againest us?

Please consider this as a help to anyone will have interview, so I ask everyone not to hisitate to let us know any information about interview and how to pass it.
thank you
I appriciate it.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Any chance you could post your timeline?
My husband has just been approved to sponsor (well, thats what we think, anyways!) and I am trying to figure out how long before I will hear about the interview if it is required.
I am meant to be flying over to Canada in about 2 months to visit (and wait it out) and am a little worried that if I book my flights, then hear about my interview.........
Does anyone have any idea? I believe from looking at the OP for spouse cases, thats meant to be one of the first things they decide, but do you actually get an interview waiver? Or are you just left wondering????

Cheers for any help - bw
Old Feb 27th 2005, 5:18 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Any chance you could post your timeline?
My husband has just been approved to sponsor (well, thats what we think, anyways!) and I am trying to figure out how long before I will hear about the interview if it is required.
I am meant to be flying over to Canada in about 2 months to visit (and wait it out) and am a little worried that if I book my flights, then hear about my interview.........
Does anyone have any idea? I believe from looking at the OP for spouse cases, thats meant to be one of the first things they decide, but do you actually get an interview waiver? Or are you just left wondering????

Cheers for any help - bw
i have my timeline just underneath!! any more questions, dont hesitate to ask!!
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:46 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by amancharan
i have my timeline just underneath!! any more questions, dont hesitate to ask!!
Check this site, but do not rely on it too much:

http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/C_I_I_Q/C_I_I_Q.html
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone
Is it better to take my partner with me to attend interview or i should not do it?
should i receive a letter telling me what i should bring with me to interview, i received olny pink card saying interview is required, also i received a call telling me when exactly the interview wil be.
Please Mr Andrew help me.
Thank you
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:00 pm

No, you won't be allowed to attend the interview together. You will be interrogated alone.

Hi Everyone
Is it better to take my partner with me to attend interview or i should not do it?
should i receive a letter telling me what i should bring with me to interview, i received olny pink card saying interview is required, also i received a call telling me when exactly the interview wil be.
Please Mr Andrew help me.
Thank you
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mr Andrew
then my partner will not be asked to have interview? if No , will she have the interview over the phone at same time i will have the interview?

Please one more question, How they suspect me although i have child from my partner and we got Canadian Passport for our child from Canadian embassy few months ago?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:03 pm

Only sponsored person has the interview. I don't know hat trigerred the interview but doubts about bona fide of relationship are the reason most of the time. But there may be other reasons for interview as well if evidence wasn't conclusive enough. Child or marriage certificate don't make a conclusive proof of relationship being a bona fide one.

Hi Mr Andrew
then my partner will not be asked to have interview? if No , will she have the interview over the phone at same time i will have the interview?

Please one more question, How they suspect me although i have child from my partner and we got Canadian Passport for our child from Canadian embassy few months ago?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Hi
my questions:

thank you
I appriciate it.
Hi,
There have been a few threads regarding the interview, one i think last week. The impression I get from reading these threads is 1. It's not a test. 2. It just seems that they wish to clarify certain areas, such as suitability. If you look for a poster named "wensamjam", they recently went to one in CHC London, I'm sure they can help.
Good luck
frankieforehead
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Hi There,

we went for our interview few weeks ago now, but it was skilled workers application, not a spousal, so questions may be very different to ours. It wasn't as scary as we thought it would be, they just wanted to know about my work and education. For spousal i couldn't comment on what you will be asked, sorry, but good luck.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:52 am

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi There,

we went for our interview few weeks ago now, but it was skilled workers application, not a spousal, so questions may be very different to ours. It wasn't as scary as we thought it would be, they just wanted to know about my work and education. For spousal i couldn't comment on what you will be asked, sorry, but good luck.
yes mate, ur partner can accompany u to the high commission, but he/she cannot attend the interview. u have to do it alone. i just had a spousal class interview and it was so coooool. my wife didnt even come frm canada!! i did it alone.
well, the interview depends on case to case and they can grill u. in my case, becuz i knew my wife fr 2 years and we had enough contact information, the visa officer didnt even ask me anything and she was like" u have got it" in just 10 mins. so, u have to prepare ur case well enough, if u have doubts urself. in my case, she didnt even see any additional proofs i brought along with myself.
so, if ur case is a bit complicated, u will be grilled, but if its pretty smooth, i dont think u will have any problems!! so, take care and best of luck
Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Dear Mr. Miller
I sent many photos for my partner and i together with my application, Should i make other copies to take them with me for interview? Also should i take all original documents that i sent to them as hard copies? like birth, education, experience ........certificates, if yes what about things i sent original like love letters from my partner?
Thanks a lot.
i appricate it
Old Mar 5th 2005, 5:13 am

Dear Mr. Miller
I sent many photos for my partner and i together with my application, Should i make other copies to take them with me for interview? Also should i take all original documents that i sent to them as hard copies? like birth, education, experience ........certificates, if yes what about things i sent original like love letters from my partner?
Thanks a lot.
i appricate it
just take anything extra u have!! all the things u already sent would already be there with the visa officer!
i took all the pictures again (even if they were already sent)! she didnt even look at it, though fr ur own sake, u will like to take it.
if u had sent love letters already, no need fr it then!
anything more that u think will help ur case, take it along
dont worry; interviews are a piece of cake! u will get through it
best of luck
Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi
until now i did not receive any letter about interview, just a call from the embassy telling me when i should be there, of course i received pink card from CHC London saying interview is required.
should i receive a letter about this interview or not?
thanks for everyone replied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.