Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please help xxx re - pr and if qualify

Please help xxx re - pr and if qualify

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

tracey jane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help xxx re - pr and if qualify

Hi there could anyone please clarifye i am just about to complete my application and i would just like to check.

Does you qualifications gained post secondry school have to be the job you have are currently in and gaining experiance or do they stand as two seperate assesment factors.

Please help as i gained qualifications in Hotel Front of House and now i am a customer service manager but have not worked in hotels for over ten years.

Please put my mind at rest tracey x
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 5:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help xxx re - pr and if qualify

Are you sure you are even eligible to migrate?
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

yes have college qualifications for correct period of time and have worked since this time but have not stayed in this field up to todays date.

My question to anyone who can advise would be do my qualifications have to for the job that i done for the previous 4 years or can it be for the management role i have now.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:10 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, tracey jane, and welcome to the BE forum.

At this time, submitting a permanent residence application if you don't have pre arranged employment in Canada is futile.

To answer your question, your education and your employment experience are separate assessment factors. But all of those other factors start to matter only if you have pre arranged employment in Canada.

To respond to JAJ's concern, yes, you are qualified to apply for permanent residence via the skilled worker route. A skilled worker is defined as one whose occupation falls under Skill Level 0, A or B on the National Occupational Classificiation Matrix. Customer service managers are NOC Code #0621, and belong to Skill Level 0 on the NOC Matrix.

But keep in mind that that is an academic question until you have pre arranged employment in Canada.

Please read these Wiki articles:
When you see how critical pre arranged employment is, you'll want to go on and read:
Hope that helps.
x
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

many thanks for your imformative reply. I have been reading this site for many months and have seen your help you have given to people. Thanks and continue all your great work.

Tracey x
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware, qualifications do not need to be linked to work experience. But they do need to be at a certain academic level and based on a certain amount of full time (or equivalent) years study.

As Judy says, Canada appears to be fairly closed to those new applicants who do not have support from either an employer or a province/territory government.