Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please help - spousal sponsorship form IMM 1334A

Please help - spousal sponsorship form IMM 1334A

Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:02 am
Just Joined

andyenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help - spousal sponsorship form IMM 1334A

Hi again, this is my second set of queries for our application, I’ll copy this next paragraph from my first post :

First a Very brief relationship history, I'm a British citizen from England who married my Canadian wife last year. I came over to live with her late last year & we are preparing our application under the "Spouse or Common-Law Partner In Canada Class", form IMM 5289E, with her obviously sponsoring me as her spouse.

So here we are, knee deep in papers, trying to understand & complete our application.

This query is on form IMM 1344A :-

Question 1 on page 1 says “If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want” & then gives you 2 options, basically either to withdraw proceed with the application. It seems that if you withdraw then the application is not processed & you are refunded all but $75 of your fees, & if you proceed the application is processed & you are not refunded anything. What I’m wondering is are there any more details or consequences to this choice that I may not be aware of, & whether anyone could offer me any further explanation or insight. It just feels to me that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Once again, many thanks to any & all who can help us.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help - spousal sponsorship form IMM 1334A

Hi

We ticked that we would not want to proceed if the sponsorship was not agreed - after all, not much point in applying for PR if not sponsored.

I am not really sure why they ask this question, but they must have a reason!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Megs_4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We ticked that we WOULD want to proceed. It may be you are not found ineligible to sponsor due to the fact that information was missing (like missed forms, signatures, documents etc.). I remember reading one part that said if there are forms or signatures missing, they will return the application and you would need to send it in with all the completed documents.

Our theory was that we would want the second part to proceed if we could rectify the first part by providing additional information or whatever was the problem....

Sorry if this is babbling, or doesn't make sense, and after reading Caleo's response, I am second guessing my theory... Hopefully someone else can come along and shed some light...

Best of luck!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they will send anything off to london until all has been processed for sponsorship - if there are errors on the sponsorship, I think they send everything back.

On the spousal timeline post Atlantis_Orca posted about their application being returned to them.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by caleo
Hi

We ticked that we would not want to proceed if the sponsorship was not agreed - after all, not much point in applying for PR if not sponsored.

^^^^ That's what we did too.

Don't know why they ask it either - in fact I don't know why they ask quite a few things on the forms! Probably just covering themselves for every eventuality.

But with a spousal application there shouldn't be any reason for it not to be agreed in your case anyway so I shouldn't worry.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 10:35 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Actually that question is a kind of trap. If you say withdraw and take your money back then there is nothing to appeal. If instead you ask that it be processed to decision then you have the right of appeal by the sponsor.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

HSJones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caleo
Hi

This is what we did too....

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Actually that question is a kind of trap. If you say withdraw and take your money back then there is nothing to appeal. If instead you ask that it be processed to decision then you have the right of appeal by the sponsor.
I didn't think there was right to appeal if you submit inside Canada?