please help so confused!!!

Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

pipefitter is on a distinguished road
Default please help so confused!!!

please help i have read through a lot of info and still confused my husband is hoping to get a job offer from canada if he does what do i apply for to get us all out there and how much is it????

also if he doesnt get a job offer how do we go about getting into canada and is it worth sending off al forms now for PR? WHAT SORT OF TIME SCALE IS IT??
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:53 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please help so confused!!!

Originally Posted by pipefitter
please help i have read through a lot of info and still confused my husband is hoping to get a job offer from canada if he does what do i apply for to get us all out there and how much is it????

also if he doesnt get a job offer how do we go about getting into canada and is it worth sending off al forms now for PR? WHAT SORT OF TIME SCALE IS IT??
Have a look through the WIKI - search for Temporary Work Permits for info on how to get you all out should your OH get a job offer.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

pipefitter is on a distinguished road

MU HUSBANDS JOB IS ON THE LIST SO IT SAYS HE DOESNT NEED A JOB OFFER TO GET OVER THERE WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??
WHAT FORM DO I SEND OFF??
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Shhh!! Shouting again!

You really, really need to read the Wiki. It's on the blue bar at the top of the page, grab yourself a cuppa and start reading. Then you'll understand it all much better and can ask specific questions.

Any forms you need are on the CIC website (just Google it).

Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:01 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Heres a link to the info amydavid has mentioned

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...an_Immigration

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=583027

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582959

The above 2 are links to some recent threads where members have recently submitted PR applications under the new rules. If you search under some of their posts you should be able to find some info on the new process

Hope this helps
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

If your husband is on the LIST then he comes into the same boat as myself. The best and safest way to go about it all is to apply via the Foreign Skilled Worker application for Permanent Residency.

The pack to do this you can find on www.cic.gc.ca

He will still need to fulfill the 67 points required and be on the list. You fill in the forms send them to Sydney Nova Scotia and they assess whether or not you proceed. If so you send the full apllication (inc. things in the checklist that you can access via the london site) and they say you get processed in 6-12 months. If you do not pass Sydney you get a full refund.

There are other ways of doing it. Find a job get a TWP and then apply for residency via a PNP scheme--depends on where you want to head to in Canada. I think I am right in saying each province has a list of the jobs under pressure which are on the PNP. Or if you have family you can possibly get there on a family stream.

The only thing at present, unless you have a cast Iron job, is the world downturn at the moment would put those of us on a TWP in a little bit of risk. If it lasts longer than expected or gets worse---then the TWP holders will be the first to go. So ensure you think things through carefully.

Check the cic site and have a look at the forms, check your points on the calculator and see how you want to proceed. If you need anything else hola.

JET