Please, HELP! Lost the letter!

Old Mar 31st 2004, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

DAXi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please, HELP! Lost the letter!

The POVL letter was lost I do not have the copy. I need to get the visa stamped in 60 days starting from March 16 - the day the letter was received. I do not remember the requirements for the photographs which were mentioned in the letter. I planned to travel to get the visas in mid-April and now I don't know if I should go. Do I have to have this letter with me when I go? Did anybody recently received the invitation for immigrant visas letter from one of the US Canadian Consulates? Can you please, tell me the photo requirements and the info it has in it? I don't remember everything what it said. I just rememer the requirement for the passport (free pages and expiration date). What should I do?? I am totally confused I do not live close to the Consulate and I can't afford wasting money just to learn that they won't stamp the visa - they work only one day a week for 3 hours
Old Mar 31st 2004, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

prodigy346 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please, HELP! Lost the letter!

have you thought of maybe sending them a quick fax explaining your dilemma?

Anyway, I don't think it will be a problem if you send your passport with a detailed explanatory letter.

Someone here should be able to tell you about your photo requirements, though I suspect that they are the same as for the visa application.

Originally posted by DAXi
The POVL letter was lost I do not have the copy. I need to get the visa stamped in 60 days starting from March 16 - the day the letter was received. I do not remember the requirements for the photographs which were mentioned in the letter. I planned to travel to get the visas in mid-April and now I don't know if I should go. Do I have to have this letter with me when I go? Did anybody recently received the invitation for immigrant visas letter from one of the US Canadian Consulates? Can you please, tell me the photo requirements and the info it has in it? I don't remember everything what it said. I just rememer the requirement for the passport (free pages and expiration date). What should I do?? I am totally confused I do not live close to the Consulate and I can't afford wasting money just to learn that they won't stamp the visa - they work only one day a week for 3 hours
Old Mar 31st 2004, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

prodigy346
Thank you for the reply! The problem is that I do not live in the States, so I would actually have to fly to States to get my visa stamped (I can't send my passport by mail). That's why I am so concerned that I would travel in vain I tried to call but I couldn't get in touch with the person. I'll try again today but it's always the same.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

prodigy346 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you now? Why can't you mail your passport?

My guess is that they will not let you get your passport stamped in person without a letter. You should fax them.

Originally posted by DAXi
prodigy346
Thank you for the reply! The problem is that I do not live in the States, so I would actually have to fly to States to get my visa stamped (I can't send my passport by mail). That's why I am so concerned that I would travel in vain I tried to call but I couldn't get in touch with the person. I'll try again today but it's always the same.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 12:21 am
Just Joined

prodigy346
I live in Europe. I have called DHL and they said that I can't prepay the delivery of passport back from the States to my place. So, I guess, I have to travel to NYC.

Originally posted by prodigy346
Where are you now? Why can't you mail your passport?

My guess is that they will not let you get your passport stamped in person without a letter. You should fax them.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:05 am
Ravi Rao

In article <[email protected]>, DAXi wrote:

> I live in Europe. I have called DHL and they said that
    > I can't prepay the delivery of passport back from the States to my
    > place. So, I guess, I have to travel to NYC.

That is surprising. You might want to shop around. Fedex, or UPS
or someone else may be willing to do it. If you know that it is an
acceptable way to proceed, and the costs are significantly lower than you
having to fly in person to the states, it should be a viable option.

Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:31 am
Robert

"Ravi Rao" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, DAXi wrote:
    > > I live in Europe. I have called DHL and they said that
    > > I can't prepay the delivery of passport back from the States to my
    > > place. So, I guess, I have to travel to NYC.
    > That is surprising. You might want to shop around. Fedex, or UPS
    > or someone else may be willing to do it. If you know that it is an
    > acceptable way to proceed, and the costs are significantly lower than you
    > having to fly in person to the states, it should be a viable option.
FedEx allowed me to pre-pay a return for papers I sent to the UK.

Ok they messed up collection in the UK but it did get back to me after the
sender kicked fed ex ass.

Cant see why DHL wont ?

Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for everybody who responded. After receiving the visa I want to land and then go back to where I am now to finish packing and work. So, I thought that it would be better to go in person, get the visa, land, apply for the PR card, change the driving license and then go back for a couple of months.

PS - I have received the copy of the letter by fax, so I guess the problem is solved!!! Thanks again