Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please help!!! Landing paper lost......

Wikiposts

Please help!!! Landing paper lost......

Old Jun 18th 2002, 4:20 pm
Jeff

Default Please help!!! Landing paper lost......

Hi all:

I applied for immigration to Canada and my case has been approved in the end of
April. But unfortunately my landing paper got lost in mail.

Here is what happpened to me. I am currently working in US with a H1 visa. In early
April, I was sent to China for a five months business trip by my company. The
landing paper was sent to my US home by my lawyer. Then my sister tried to sent it
to me over an international express mail (from US to China). Unfortunately, the mail
was lost on the road.

I am trying to apply for a certified copy. But I am out of US and Canada right now.
And I can't go back to US in at least four months for a certain reason. So in my
case, what I need to do to apply for the copy? How can I convince the Canadian INS
office that my landing paper was lost?

If anybody have the same experience or have any suggestions, please give me a help. I
really appreciate all kinds of advice.

Jeff

Old Jun 19th 2002, 2:20 am
pkjmet

Default Re: Please help!!! Landing paper lost......

[email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi all:
    >
    > I applied for immigration to Canada and my case has been approved in the end of
    > April. But unfortunately my landing paper got lost in mail.
    >
    > Here is what happpened to me. I am currently working in US with a H1 visa. In early
    > April, I was sent to China for a five months business trip by my company. The
    > landing paper was sent to my US home by my lawyer. Then my sister tried to sent it
    > to me over an international express mail (from US to China). Unfortunately, the
    > mail was lost on the road.
    >
    > I am trying to apply for a certified copy. But I am out of US and Canada right now.
    > And I can't go back to US in at least four months for a certain reason. So in my
    > case, what I need to do to apply for the copy? How can I convince the Canadian INS
    > office that my landing paper was lost?
    >
    > If anybody have the same experience or have any suggestions, please give me a help.
    > I really appreciate all kinds of advice.
    >
    > Jeff

You should report the loss immedicately to the Visa office that issued the document.
You will have to ask for and pay for a replacement document.

Jim Metcalfe, Consultant and former visa officer

Old Jun 19th 2002, 10:20 am
Jeff

Default Re: Please help!!! Landing paper lost......

Jim:

Thank you for the kind reply. I have already sent a fax to Buffalo office and told
them my LP got lost and asked them what I need to do. I also give them my file
number. But more than three weeks past and I didn't got any response from them. Also,
they don't have any phone service right now. That made me mervous because I really
don't know what I should to do next. Just wait for their response? What if they never
response to me (looks very possible)? Should I do something else?

Thanks,

Jeff

[email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected] om>...
    > [email protected] (Jeff) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > > Hi all:
    > >
    > > I applied for immigration to Canada and my case has been approved in the end of
    > > April. But unfortunately my landing paper got lost in mail.
    > >
    > > Here is what happpened to me. I am currently working in US with a H1 visa. In
    > > early April, I was sent to China for a five months business trip by my company.
    > > The landing paper was sent to my US home by my lawyer. Then my sister tried to
    > > sent it to me over an international express mail (from US to China).
    > > Unfortunately, the mail was lost on the road.
    > >
    > > I am trying to apply for a certified copy. But I am out of US and Canada right
    > > now. And I can't go back to US in at least four months for a certain reason. So
    > > in my case, what I need to do to apply for the copy? How can I convince the
    > > Canadian INS office that my landing paper was lost?
    > >
    > > If anybody have the same experience or have any suggestions, please give me a
    > > help. I really appreciate all kinds of advice.
    > >
    > > Jeff
    >
    > You should report the loss immedicately to the Visa office that issued the
    > document. You will have to ask for and pay for a replacement document.
    >
    >
    > Jim Metcalfe, Consultant and former visa officer