Please help

Old Jul 12th 2002, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Saif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help

Dear Consultants

The Applicant who applied before Dec, 2001 and who will not get selection decision before 01-APL-2003 will be treated in new policy.

I have applied before Dec, 2001

I have a question in this regard, in many posts you have mention that units of assessment always allocated at the time of submission of application according to the supported documents

Later if there is change in circumstances no unit will be awarded

But now I will submit my language proficiency documents (designated tests) in both English + French, whereas at the time of submission of application, I mention no French knowledge at all.

Will these documents beneficial for me or not if I exclude the points of French I got 67 but with this I have 75 points and I have read in the website that these test points are Conclusive. Means you get the desired points/bands/levels you got the units of assessment.

Am I right in my assessment or not

Thank you,
Old Jul 12th 2002, 12:20 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Please help

First - if you didn't mention French at any level in your application why do you
think that anyone will take seriously your claim that you gain enough proficiency to
gain 8 points in just few months?

Second - the maximum number of points for language factor is 20, so if you already
scored 16 for English you can only get 4 for French, even if you can prove high
proficiency and processing officer will believe you now.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Saif" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Dear Consultants
    >
    > The Applicant who applied before Dec, 2001 and who will not get selection decision
    > before 01-APL-2003 will be treated in new policy.
    >
    > I have applied before Dec, 2001
    >
    > I have a question in this regard, in many posts you have mention that units of
    > assessment always allocated at the time of submission of application according to
    > the supported documents
    >
    > Later if there is change in circumstances no unit will be awarded
    >
    > But now I will submit my language proficiency documents (designated tests) in both
    > English + French, whereas at the time of submission of application, I mention no
    > French knowledge at all.
    >
    > Will these documents beneficial for me or not if I exclude the points of French I
    > got 67 but with this I have 75 points and I have read in the website that these
    > test points are Conclusive. Means you get the desired points/bands/levels you got
    > the units of assessment.
    >
    > Am I right in my assessment or not
    >
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 12th 2002, 1:20 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Please help

P.S.

Note that IELTS results proving the level of English you claimed in the application
will help simplify officer's assessment of your English proficiency, but if you
claimed no knowledge of French in the application then remember that case will be
assessed as per facts claimed at the time of application. So, why add some
inconsistency and suspicion now to the case, even if you are desperate?

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > First - if you didn't mention French at any level in your application why do you
    > think that anyone will take seriously your claim that you gain enough proficiency
    > to gain 8 points in just few months?
    >
    > Second - the maximum number of points for language factor is 20, so if you already
    > scored 16 for English you can only get 4 for French, even if you can prove high
    > proficiency and processing officer will believe you now.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ../..
    >
    > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    > sending email)
    > ________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    > "Saif" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Dear Consultants
    > >
    > > The Applicant who applied before Dec, 2001 and who will not get selection
    > > decision before 01-APL-2003 will be treated in new policy.
    > >
    > > I have applied before Dec, 2001
    > >
    > > I have a question in this regard, in many posts you have mention that units of
    > > assessment always allocated at the time of submission of application according to
    > > the supported documents
    > >
    > > Later if there is change in circumstances no unit will be awarded
    > >
    > > But now I will submit my language proficiency documents (designated tests) in
    > > both English + French, whereas at the time of submission of application, I
    > > mention no French knowledge at all.
    > >
    > > Will these documents beneficial for me or not if I exclude the points of French I
    > > got 67 but with this I have 75 points and I have read in the website that these
    > > test points are Conclusive. Means you get the desired points/bands/levels you got
    > > the units of assessment.
    > >
    > > Am I right in my assessment or not
    > >
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    >