Please don't shout at me

Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

AdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant future
Default Please don't shout at me

But I know it says that You must meet all criteria at the time you submit your application on the form, but what if I say learn french in the time before they ask for more info, could that be added? Or my sister has just sent off her passports for her PR, if I apply before she gets that back can I still tick that box that says I have a relative that is a PR of canada?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Please don't shout at me

Originally Posted by AdamF
But I know it says that You must meet all criteria at the time you submit your application on the form, but what if I say learn french in the time before they ask for more info, could that be added? Or my sister has just sent off her passports for her PR, if I apply before she gets that back can I still tick that box that says I have a relative that is a PR of canada?
AdamF

Not sure if this helps, but..

It seems like you've answered the question for yourself, in my opinion the french thing is a non starter (also you can't guarantee what level you would achieve). Your sister would have a PR visa but until landed she would not be a permanent resident of Canada.

Good Luck
Thomas
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

AdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant futureAdamF has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
AdamF

Not sure if this helps, but..

It seems like you've answered the question for yourself, in my opinion the french thing is a non starter (also you can't guarantee what level you would achieve). Your sister would have a PR visa but until landed she would not be a permanent resident of Canada.

Good Luck
Thomas
I will just wait til she lands then, she has already lived there for something like 7 years, she apparantly just needs to go out then back in (so a day trip to Buffalo I guess?) when she gets it back, I reach the pass mark without the points from her, but I guess its better to be safe then sorry.

PS Thanks.

Last edited by AdamF; Oct 30th 2007 at 1:12 am. Reason: To add thanks.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:11 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AdamF
You may add qualifications later of course, but only if you already had enough points to meet or exceed pass mark at the time of application. If you didn't have enough points at the time of application then you'll be refused, no matter how many points you try to add later. You cannot try to make up the pass mark later.

You cannot use your sister as relative in Canada as she is not living in Canada yet. Relative must not only be a citizen or PR but must live in Canada and be able to prove it by providing utility bills, employment/study record, etc..
Old Oct 30th 2007, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You may add qualifications later of course, but only if you already had enough points to meet or exceed pass mark at the time of application. If you didn't have enough points at the time of application then you'll be refused, no matter how many points you try to add later. You cannot try to make up the pass mark later.

You cannot use your sister as relative in Canada as she is not living in Canada yet. Relative must not only be a citizen or PR but must live in Canada and be able to prove it by providing utility bills, employment/study record, etc..
That is good to know about qualifications, like I said I already meet the pass mark, and like I said just above my sister has lived in Canada for 7 years (on work permits).
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Bannick is an unknown quantity at this point

A few years ago a friend of mine applied for Permanent Residency in the skilled worker category. To bump his score up a bit, he ticked that he was fluent in French. Imagine his horror when he attended an interview to find they held it in French to check what he had put was true! He still lives in the UK
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bannick
A few years ago a friend of mine applied for Permanent Residency in the skilled worker category. To bump his score up a bit, he ticked that he was fluent in French. Imagine his horror when he attended an interview to find they held it in French to check what he had put was true! He still lives in the UK
I wasn't talking about putting anything on the intial application, but adding to it at a later date if it was achieved, you'd have to be pretty stupid to lie and say you were fluent in french when you couldn't speak it!