Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please confirm for me what fees are payable for a Spousal PR application?

Please confirm for me what fees are payable for a Spousal PR application?

Old Mar 15th 2012, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please confirm for me what fees are payable for a Spousal PR application?

It should be simple, ...but I am not sure what is the total fee payable for an application for PR for my wife ONLY, and when I emailed CIC to ask for confirmation, I was referred to their online fees schedule. We started this a year ago, then it was put on hold until now, but at least we have the kids' citizenship cards sorted now. I am a Canadian citizen, so are the kids, so the only application left is for a Spousal PR visa for my wife, and we're going to get it sorted starting now.

(1) The "Right of PR" fee is $490
(may as well pay it at the same time,
although I think it could be deferred) plus:

(1) Sponsorship Application $ 75
(2) Principal Applicant (is this the wife, or me?) $475

Total: $1,040

Is that all I/we need to pay for her application to start rolling, or if I am the Principal Applicant (sponsoring her application) do we need to pay another $550 for her as the "family member"?

Sorry in advance for the stupid question, but I want to pay the correct amount the first time!

Many thanks
Old Mar 16th 2012, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please confirm for me what fees are payable for a Spousal PR application?

Originally Posted by oopsbuddy
It should be simple, ...but I am not sure what is the total fee payable for an application for PR for my wife ONLY, and when I emailed CIC to ask for confirmation, I was referred to their online fees schedule. We started this a year ago, then it was put on hold until now, but at least we have the kids' citizenship cards sorted now. I am a Canadian citizen, so are the kids, so the only application left is for a Spousal PR visa for my wife, and we're going to get it sorted starting now.

(1) The "Right of PR" fee is $490
(may as well pay it at the same time,
although I think it could be deferred) plus:

(1) Sponsorship Application $ 75
(2) Principal Applicant (is this the wife, or me?) $475

Total: $1,040

Is that all I/we need to pay for her application to start rolling, or if I am the Principal Applicant (sponsoring her application) do we need to pay another $550 for her as the "family member"?

Sorry in advance for the stupid question, but I want to pay the correct amount the first time!

Many thanks
You got it, thats everything you need - $1,040.

Last edited by exenglishman; Mar 16th 2012 at 2:12 am. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 16th 2012, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please confirm for me what fees are payable for a Spousal PR application?

Cheers!